Participate in the June 2020 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE TO WIN Kanile’a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the June 2020 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE TO WIN Kanile’a!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 246 total)
  • Author
    anirbaf
    Participant

@funtime2018 I think thats excellent! good luck with it (:

stianukulele

@andrew I think I will go for Careless Whisper, but 89 measures is much in 4 weeks.. to say at least 🙂
    Is it ok to play as far as i get till the end of the month? I’m at measure 8 now 🙂

nthibode

Hi @stianukulele, I’m working on Careless Whisper too. The good news is that there’s a lot of repetition within those 89 bars and Andrew’s Simplified Outro makes it shorter too. I’m finding it helpful to split the song into its sections and practice those individually:

Intro
    Verse 1
    Chorus 1
    Refrain
    Verse 2
    Chorus 2
    Sax Riff
    Bridge
    Chorus 3
    Sax Riff
    Outro

You really start to see where the repetitions are (Choruses, Verses, Riffs) and it makes it seem more achievable. Hope you have fun with it!

nthibode

(But I agree that I would love more than just 4 weeks! haha)

oldan_
    Participant

Ok… so I will attempt Stairway to Heaven. It’s way above my paygrade though, so will see how far I can get. Just the stretch 272 is mind boggling.

Hopefully it will be submittable, there is still time 🙂

stianukulele

Hi @nthibode

Thanks for the tip!

I’m doing a mix of Andy and Evan, and even make my own little variations 😉

In the end of the month I think I will get there.

lyndallk
    Participant

@anibaf – I’m doing people are strange because I did a hard one for me last time – malagueña – and bodysurfing the month before which still need much work and practice. So I want to get back to that. I think it’s completely legit. I’ve never heard Andrew say :You’ve done the wrong song !!! As far as I know!

rickeymike
    Participant

Too cool a song (people are strange) not to do it no matter what level it is!

jkulele

Working on Stairway to Heaven but having a tough time with the 272 stretch on a tenor. Is there an alternative option for this or will I just look into how to dislocate the little finger! 🙄

Andrew
    Keymaster

@jkulele – You can sub it for a regular G: 0232

nthibode

@stianukulele – Awesome! Looking forward to hearing your rendition 🙂

flaaaaaame
    Participant

Hello!

Can I still get the entry if I do stairway to heaven with low G?

lisamcc
    Participant

I’m going for careless whisper too… it’s a tricky little one!! I am literally doing it a bar at a time on the tab viewer and I’m taking it down to 25% and repeating a million times – I think it’s a good job that I’m in lockdown alone!!! Another awesome selection of songs again Andrew – I just want to play all of them! Good luck everyone! 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

@flaaaaaame – yes!

rebeca
    Participant

Hey uke community! That’s me again playing a low G arrengement with a high G uke! I hope there is no problem with that.
    This arrengement is super cool! Personally it was challenging for me and harder than what I had expected. One of my weakness playing uke (one of many) is fingering with partial barre. I realize that I have a lot of work in reference to the posture as I experienced fatigue in my fingers while playing this one, especially in bars 23 to 26, not when I played them apart from the rest, but after playing the whole tune I experienced tireness and a loss of strength in my index finger making it dificult to proyect a clear sound. In fact this is the best of many tries.
    Btw The tutorial was incredibly useful. You explain everything cristal clear, foresee possible difficulties while playing and also focus on the most efficient way to play.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 246 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.