Participate in the June 2020 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE TO WIN Kanile’a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the June 2020 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE TO WIN Kanile’a!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 246 total)
  • Author
    rickeymike
    Participant

Good going Rebeca with that high G version. I had to rewind 3 times looking for the 4-4-2-0 walkdown (my favorite part) in bar 14 until I realized you had no low G string. ha. Excellent!

andyrose
    Participant

Awesome job, Rebeca!!

Steven
    Participant

Great performance @rebeca. You totally nailed it!
    First person to post a video this month too!!! 👍🤙😀

miztaken
    Participant

Wow @rebeca that is an awesome job!!!
    (and I LOVE that right hand work, so tidy and so controlled!)

Andrew
    Keymaster

@rebeca – Here is my feedback for you 🙂

lisadmh
    Participant

I am a dedicated PREMIUM MEMBER.

Here’s what I’ve got. I love this song. It’s far from perfect but I’m not improving anymore so I thought I’d post for feedback. I had a head start as I’ve been poking on this song since it was released, so for the last two weeks I’ve just been trying to clean it up.

I learned to play the g string with my thumb for the tricky build up. Although that’s not the way it was taught and I went rogue, I wanted to learn that, and this seemed like a good place to do it.

I’d appreciate feedback on cleaning it up and making it sound a bit less amateur. Thanks!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by lisadmh.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by lisadmh.
    rebeca
    Participant

@Andrew – wow! You make it look so easy! Thank you for your time and your tips. They are accurate and very helpful. My next goal will be strengthen my fingers by following your advice. I need  repetition and practice to change bad habits but it’s worthwhile. I’ve no words, again thank you for your help!

@rickeymike
    @andyrose @sgwarren @miztaken – thank you for your kind words, that encourages me a lot. My uke and this community both have been good friends during lockdown. I’m looking forward for everyone’s entries.:)

@lisadmh
    – that sounds great! Congrats!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@rebeca – my pleasure!

@lisadmh
    – here’s my feedback for you 🙂

lisadmh
    Participant

Thanks Andrew. I had a feeling that was happening but I was in denial. I’ll work on it. It’s early enough I might be able to post an updated video.

iyers408

I decided to try Billie Jean and have been at it and its fun but I am afraid I will be giving an arm to this piece :). I have just finished verse 1 and pre-chorus at 1/3rd the speed. So I guess I’ll switch to Stairway to Heaven for my entry while continuing work on Evan’s masterpiece in the background. But I really want to tackle Billie Jean … Andrew can you make some allowance for heroic effort on Billie Jean 🙂

iyers408

Rebecca, this is awesome. And you got it in such a short time.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by iyers408.
    rebeca
    Participant

@iyers408 – thank you! I would love to listen to you playing Billie Jean. I am looking forward for someone playing this one as nobody mention it as an option.I also love Stairway to heaven and it’s quite challenging as well. My respect for practising both tunes go for it! 🙂

b_ukes_101

Is it just me or is anybody else struggling with the guitar solo part of stairway to heaven? I need tips on fingering.

planetfink
    Participant

I am a premium member.

This was a fun one. If you watch my lips on the high part I’m saying,”Pluck Up Down Pluck Up Down…”

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by planetfink.
    rickeymike
    Participant

Finkie, that was fun to watch from beginning to end. Brava!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 246 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.