Participate in the March 2017 Member Challenge – Fingerpicking Challenge

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the March 2017 Member Challenge – Fingerpicking Challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    ukukelley1
    Participant

Hi Andrew,
    Here’s Etude #3, albeit at a tempo slower than your performance. I’m going to work on getting it to tempo and re-posting. I also want to try an intermediate Etude next.
    My file size is larger than 512kb, so we’ll see how this goes…
    Sheryl

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hey Sheryl,

I just changed the file size upload limit to 5 MB, please try again 🙂

ukukelley1
    Participant

Hi Andrew,
    Here’s Etude #3, albeit at a somewhat slow tempo. Will work on getting it to tempo, and also maybe tackle an intermediate Etude.
    The challenge is a great practice motivator, specifically to work on a piece and ‘play it’ versus playing around at it.
    Sheryl
    P.S. Thanks for accepting larger file size posts, given that I didn’t know how to reduce my recording…

** Here is the MP3 Link **

Andrew
    Keymaster

Fantastic Sheryl, great job on timing and playing cleanly!

* Side note: I added an MP3 link to your post so others can stream it to listen 🙂

ukukelley1
    Participant

Thanks Andrew!

shapoe1
    Participant

Here is Finger Picking Etude. I just signed up for RocClass101 and so far its been awesome!! I stumbled up a bit at the end, but otherwise I’m proud of how this turned out.

chazyvr
    Participant

Great job. But no kissing up to the teacher!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Fantastic job Shannon! You are doing amazing for 10 months of playing! Keep up the great work 🙂

philrab66
    Participant

Well done everyone nice to see others posting.

relaxinguke
    Participant

Here’s my go for Etude #1. I also have #3 to upload and plan on working on #4 as well! Also I’ve hardly played for anyone in person let alone recorded myself and put it on the internet, so this was new and fun for me. That being said any advice is welcome. I attached the youtube link but can also add it as a post attachment if that doesn’t work.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Fantastic job Relaxinguke! You have great form in both hands! My only advice is to slow the tempo down a bit for tricky sections, such as the end of the B melody (G chord) – 30 seconds into your video. Keep up the great work, can’t wait to see your other posts!

theferalk
    Participant

Your Etude #3 is the lesson that brought me to this site! Here’s my very beginner entry. I’ve been playing for a couple of months and am also working on the Fingerpicking Etude, which I will hopefully post a little later. Thanks for this great motivation!

** Video post on Page 3 **

bellah
    Participant

Difficult difficult difficult, but I’ve given it an honest try. Now let’s start practising the next one…

** Here is the MP3 Link **

smileyface4152
    Participant

For the contest :))

Andrew
    Keymaster

Great job on Etude #3 Bellah and Smileyface! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.