Participate in the March 2017 Member Challenge – Fingerpicking Challenge

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the March 2017 Member Challenge – Fingerpicking Challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    eatmyuke
    Participant

Hey Andrew, I wanted to give these a go as I want to improve my fingerpicking technique and boy its improved so much in just one week. So thanks for doing this.

I gave Etude No.4 a go but i had to use the print side of my thumb as my nail has just fallen off so it kept making this catching noise as i hit the string.

I also added a funky drum pattern to keep me in time.

Now time to try Etude 5!

Thanks again!

brettboy
    Participant

Hi Andrew! Thanks for the fun challenge! I chose Etude No.2. After 2 weeks of nonstop practicing and nearly 30 rejected video takes I’m ready to share my best attempt! Here it is:

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by brettboy.
    theferalk
    Participant

Hello Andrew!

Here’s the youtube link to my Etude #3 video — I’m posting a second time. Thanks again!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Wow awesome job Stan! Love that drum track and the fact that you put your own spin on it!

Brett, I’m so excited to see someone post etude #2 – it’s a very challenging piece and you rocked it! Major props to you!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Beautiful playing theferalk! Great timing and very cleanly played! And that view!!

eatmyuke
    Participant

Thanks andrew, after seeing brett do number 2 im really keen to give that a shot 🙂

awiealissa
    Participant

Hi,

I tried Etude #5 and uploaded it on soundcloud! I hope it works this time, please tell me if not.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Success! Thanks for sharing Alissa! I made a little video with some tips that you may find helpful 🙂 Let me know if you have any questions.

awiealissa
    Participant

Thank you very much Andrew for taking the time to make a video for me! It was really helpful!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Glad it was helpful Alissa 🙂

fedindark
    Participant

Here is my link on SoundCloud of playing Fingerpicking Etude no. 4

ukukelley1
    Participant

Hi Andrew!
    Here’s a new recording of Fingerpicking Etude #3 — a little quicker pace and a little smoother-sounding play. Hope you can hear some improvement.
    Now working on Fingerpicking Etude from the intermediate list, and I hope to record that before the March challenge deadline.
    Really enjoying listening to others’ posts, too. The challenge was a great idea. I hope we’ll do more in the future.
    Sheryl

chazyvr
    Participant

Not perfect but here goes…

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hey Sheryl, great improvement and very well played! Here’s a little video offering a tip on left hand finger form, this could also be helpful to others 🙂 And yes, we will be doing another challenge in the Summer!

Great jobs Fedor and Charles, thanks so much for sharing 🙂

ukukelley1
    Participant

Andrew — Thanks for the encouraging words and for the video instruction. I’ll practice the right curved finger form — glad to get it right early in my playing!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.