Participate in the March 2017 Member Challenge – Fingerpicking Challenge

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the March 2017 Member Challenge – Fingerpicking Challenge

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    emmascott101
    Participant

Hey, I’ve only been playing for 4 months but decided to push myself with etude number 5… this is my first time with finger style. Thank you for the great tutorials

** Here is the MP3 – if playback file doesn’t work **

relaxinguke
    Participant

Hey kktisk,

I think the low G sounds great with the etude. It adds a unique characteristic that I really enjoy. Well played!

jobyer

Hopefully the link works! Here’s my try at Etude #5.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Wow! We had 32 site members participate in our first challenge for the month of March! I am blown away and extremely humbled. Remember, the take away here is not the prizes but the fact that you rose to the challenge and set a goal to learn the etude, practice it, perform it, and share it with our community. Congrats again to all who participated! Our next monthly challenge will be May 2017, stay tuned for more info! Watch the YouTube video below to find out if you won 1/3 ukuleles!

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Andrew.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

So I’m behind on feedback – as we had 10+ submission on the last day – waiting till the last minute, come on guys, lol joking! 😉

—-

jobyer – great job, keep up the good work!

kala_uke – Always amazing to see someone tackle #2 – it’s a toughie! You did very well! I would recommend to slow the tempo down a bit to focus on the timing and transitioning from one section to another.

argonite – very nice! My only suggestion is to watch the timing on that open G string – as it is a half note.

sebastian – fantastic, keep it up!

sifkek – very well played! Great job!

yukalele – Awesome job for your first time! I don’t believe you lol 🙂 It looked like the uke slipped once – this lesson may help to better stabilize it if you’ve noticed that’s an issue.

kktisk – Great playing!

4753173 – lovely! Similar to kala_uke, I would recommend to slow the tempo down a bit to focus on the timing and transitioning from one section to another.

hyzenthlay – Awesome! I would recommend to work on the B melody transitions. Try 1 or 2 bars at a time, work on getting the muscle memory down for the chord shapes and then practice putting it together 🙂

vissttoor – Very nice! Couple suggestions, watch your timing as some sections “speed up”. Also, I would try to fingerpick with a lighter attack. Give that a shot and see if it makes the uke sound “sweeter”.

mrfrimm – love the intro! You did awesome! I would suggest to correct the right hand wrist, as it looks like you pick/pluck from an awkward/bent angle. Check out this lesson for some tips on right hand form.

——–

Thanks again to all who participated! You guys rock!

chazyvr
    Participant

Let me guess – May challenge will be the chords of Jazz Duet?! I even checked the upload date to make sure it wasn’t an April Fool’s joke.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Lol, no – but you are onto something. I can’t give it away yet, but there will also be a very fun twist with the upcoming challenge. Details coming middle of this month 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

Unfortunately, our first winner ukuleleloo has been MIA. After reaching out to her 3 times without response, I have decided to select a new winner. I will be adding a rule to the next challenge, in that the winner must respond in 1 weeks time, or a new winner will be selected.

On a positive note, our new winner for the pineapple ukulele is… ** Drum Roll **

Congrats Twizzler!

Pics from all 3 winners with their new ukuleles will be posted here soon 🙂

—-

P.S. I’ve been working on our next challenge and there will be a very fun surprise! I can’t give it away yet, but you guys will love it! Next challenge runs the entire month of May 2017 🙂

twizzler
    Participant

Wow Andrew, This is amazing!! I’m greatly honored….This site Rocks!!!!

twizzler
    Participant

I will take pics when it comes!!!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hey guys, Wiktor (vissttoor) sent me a picture of his new CloudMusic ukulele that he won! It’s beautiful, congrats! Fun fact, he lives in Poland 🙂 Remember guys, these challenges are open to the entire world!

null

Big announcement coming tomorrow about our May challenge, stay tuned!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Here are the ukulele pics from our other two winners!

Joe (Twizzler) with the Luna Pineapple Uke – Rock Class 101 winner

null

Francis (honuhonu) with the Makala Waterman – Uke Republic Winner

null

—-

Our May Challenge is in full swing and we are giving away a Kala Tenor Ukulele to one lucky winner 🙂 It may be you!

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.