Participate in the March 2017 Member Challenge – Fingerpicking Challenge

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the March 2017 Member Challenge – Fingerpicking Challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    cartega
    Participant

Here’s my submission. Ignore my messy apartment!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Wow Jon, excellent playing!

kala_uke
    Participant

Below is the link for Etude #2. I did this in kind of a rush, so there’s a couple mistakes. Happy to take any tips.

argonite
    Participant

Hello Everyone! Etude was a nice tune and I enjoyed going down and up the neck of the Uke. This was a fun challenge. Thanks Andrew

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by argonite.
    sebastian

Here’s my submission for Fingerpicking Etude #3. I’m still not happy with it (somehow it sounds robotic?) but it’s the last day. 🙂

shashank
    Participant

Hi, cartega. Your submission on etude 5 is really good. You didn’t miss a note. I find picking the last note of the travis sequence most challenging as my hands stop caring about it and think of switching to the next chord. But you played it really well, played it really clean

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by shashank.
    sifkek
    Participant

hey, here is my submission after many takes! lovely website, lovely challenge! looking forward for the next one 😉

Angelos

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by sifkek.
    • This reply was modified 7 years ago by Andrew.
    yukalele
    Participant

First ever attempt at finger picking.

kktisk

Just discovered Rock Class 101 and joined right away! Such a fantastic website.

Here is my submission… It sounds a little off because my uke has a low G string. Hope its okay!

Here is my submission for the Finger Picking Challenge, Etude #1. I’ve been playing for 7 months. Working on Etude #2.

** Here is the MP3 – if playback file doesn’t work **

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by 4753173.
    hyzenthlay
    Participant

The thought of playing in front of anyone, even VIA video terrifies me. I am trying to work through that a little bit so I am forcing myself to upload this even though I never did get a good take because I have a loud kid and a loud dog and a serious lack of free time! Thanks for this challenge… maybe doing a couple more will help me overcome my fears. =)

If I can figure out how to link it…

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by hyzenthlay.
    • This reply was modified 7 years ago by hyzenthlay. Reason: I am a forum idiot
    vissttoor
    Participant

brettboy
    Participant

Hi Andrew,
    I had a question about the rules. The video you posted above and the written rules above contradict. In your video at ~1:45 you say participants must record “the entire song” and at ~2:00 you say “the song start to finish.” But your written “ground rules for participation” above do not specifically require that the entire etude be recorded to qualify for the drawing. To the contrary, those rules say: “So if you are a beginner and can only play the first couple of measures. That is completely ok.” My question is this: do you plan to include participants who only posted part of their chosen etude in your random drawing? Thanks.

mrfrimm
    Participant

Hello Andrew, this is really great stuff here on RockClass101.com and I am sure your lessons will improve my playing – thanks!!
    I tried with the lovely etude no.2 and had much fun learning it (still not perfect, but i keep on practising). So here is my entry, many greetings from Germany ✨ Marko

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by mrfrimm.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Hey Brett, good catch! I never realized I contradicted myself. I’m going to give 1 entry per person for everyone who participated, regardless of:

1) playing the entire etude or only partial
    2) posting more than 1 etude

I’ll be sure to clarify the rules better for the next challenge.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.