March 1, 2017 at 11:40 am #10484
Hi Rock Class 101 Community!
I’m happy to announce our very first site member challenge! Please watch the video above and read instructions below carefully for details/instructions on this month’s challenge.
Pick one from the following five Rock Class 101 Fingerpicking Genre Lessons:
**If you need assistance with how to record yourself check out our FREE course on recording audio/video and/or private message me and I will be happy to help you out.**
GOALS FOR MEMBER CHALLENGE:
1. Beginners: Be able to play one of the lessons as shown by Andrew smoothly and in time. Do not worry about trying to play fast, slow and steady wins the race 🙂
Recommended Etude: Fingerpicking Etude no. 3
2. Intermediate Level: Be able to play the lesson as shown by Andrew smoothly, in time, and at or close to the original etude’s tempo.
Recommended Etude: Fingerpicking Etude or Fingerpicking Etude no. 4
3. Advanced Level: Be able to play the lesson as shown by Andrew smoothly, in time, and at or close to the original etude’s tempo.
Recommended Etude: Fingerpicking Etude no. 2 or Fingerpicking Etude no. 5
4. Participation Goal: 10 Rock Class 101 Member Participant Videos/MP3 posted.
GROUND RULES FOR PARTICIPATION:
1. Post your Youtube, Vimeo, or Soundcloud links of you playing fingerpicking etude 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 anytime between Wednesday, March 1st till Friday, March 31st, 11:59pm EST.
2. Submit individually, as a reply, IN THIS POST.
3. Feel free to submit more than one video for the challenge.
4. Have fun and don’t be intimidated by this challenge!!! Use this challenge to help you set goals and complete them by a deadline. You can also use this as an opportunity to chat with your fellow Rock Class 101 members and share tips or tricks on this challenge that you think are useful.
5. In my opinion, it is better to show progress versus perfection with these challenges. So if you are a beginner and can only play the first couple of measures. That is completely ok. If you play two more measures of the next challenge piece than you did the previous one, you are on track to getting better. This is what these challenges are about…you learning ukulele and getting better. Remember we are all here to support you no matter what your current playing level is.
There will be 3 winners, selected by random drawing on April 1, 2017. To qualify to win, you must submit your audio and/or video links of your playing by the deadline listed above.
1) Rock Class 101 Uke Package:
2) CloudMusic Uke Package:
3) Uke Republic Uke Package:
THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS!
Uke Republic: http://www.ukerepublic.com/March 1, 2017 at 1:19 pm #10488philrab66Participant
Here is one to get you started but I will be posting a more polished version ,like the look of that pineapple.
March 1, 2017 at 2:49 pm #10490chazyvrParticipant
Challenge accepted!March 2, 2017 at 6:38 pm #10499March 2, 2017 at 6:39 pm #10501
THERE WE GO!!!!March 2, 2017 at 6:41 pm #10502
By the way This competition is a lot of fun Andrew.March 2, 2017 at 6:42 pm #10503chazyvrParticipant
Uke players don’t compete. 🙂March 2, 2017 at 7:10 pm #10513
Great job Twizzler! I converted it to an MP3 and put the link in your post for others to enjoy listening to, in case the other file doesn’t work for everyone 🙂March 2, 2017 at 8:27 pm #10514
And good catch Chazyvr, “Challenge”March 3, 2017 at 9:37 am #10523yukaleleParticipant
Been using 101 free for a while, then joined as a paid member in January. Now seriously contemplating participating in the challenge… scary stuff.March 3, 2017 at 11:02 am #10524
Yeah it’s fun.March 3, 2017 at 11:02 am #10525
You should do itMarch 4, 2017 at 9:44 pm #10542ukeninjaParticipantMarch 4, 2017 at 9:47 pm #10543
Dang…….Way to put me to shame man…Very good.March 5, 2017 at 12:39 pm #10544
Brilliant job Erick (ukeninja)! Thanks to all who have entered the challenge so far, it’s starting to get exciting!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.