Participate in the March 2017 Member Challenge – Fingerpicking Challenge

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the March 2017 Member Challenge – Fingerpicking Challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi Rock Class 101 Community!

I’m happy to announce our very first site member challenge! Please watch the video above and read instructions below carefully for details/instructions on this month’s challenge.

Pick one from the following five Rock Class 101 Fingerpicking Genre Lessons:

1) Fingerpicking Etude

2) Fingerpicking Etude no. 2

3) Fingerpicking Etude no. 3

4) Fingerpicking Etude no. 4

5) Fingerpicking Etude no. 5

**If you need assistance with how to record yourself check out our FREE course on recording audio/video and/or private message me and I will be happy to help you out.**

GOALS FOR MEMBER CHALLENGE:

1. Beginners: Be able to play one of the lessons as shown by Andrew smoothly and in time. Do not worry about trying to play fast, slow and steady wins the race 🙂

Recommended Etude: Fingerpicking Etude no. 3

2. Intermediate Level: Be able to play the lesson as shown by Andrew smoothly, in time, and at or close to the original etude’s tempo.

Recommended Etude: Fingerpicking Etude or Fingerpicking Etude no. 4

3. Advanced Level: Be able to play the lesson as shown by Andrew smoothly, in time, and at or close to the original etude’s tempo.

Recommended Etude: Fingerpicking Etude no. 2 or Fingerpicking Etude no. 5

4. Participation Goal: 10 Rock Class 101 Member Participant Videos/MP3 posted.

GROUND RULES FOR PARTICIPATION:

1. Post your Youtube, Vimeo, or Soundcloud links of you playing fingerpicking etude 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 anytime between Wednesday, March 1st till Friday, March 31st, 11:59pm EST.

2. Submit individually, as a reply, IN THIS POST.

3. Feel free to submit more than one video for the challenge.

4. Have fun and don’t be intimidated by this challenge!!! Use this challenge to help you set goals and complete them by a deadline. You can also use this as an opportunity to chat with your fellow Rock Class 101 members and share tips or tricks on this challenge that you think are useful.

5. In my opinion, it is better to show progress versus perfection with these challenges. So if you are a beginner and can only play the first couple of measures. That is completely ok. If you play two more measures of the next challenge piece than you did the previous one, you are on track to getting better. This is what these challenges are about…you learning ukulele and getting better. Remember we are all here to support you no matter what your current playing level is.

Giveaway Rules:

There will be 3 winners, selected by random drawing on April 1, 2017. To qualify to win, you must submit your audio and/or video links of your playing by the deadline listed above.

The Prizes:

1) Rock Class 101 Uke Package:

Luna Mahogany Series Tattoo Soprano Pineapple Ukulele w/ Gig Bag & Pitch Pipe Tuner

null
    Rock Class 101 T-Shirt

2) CloudMusic Uke Package:

CLOUDMUSIC TT22S-1D Mahogany Series Soprano Ukulele w/ Gig Bag & Strap

null

3) Uke Republic Uke Package:

Kala/Makala Waterman Series Soprano Ukulele w/ Gig Bag

null

THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS!

CloudMusic: http://www.cloud-music.us/

Uke Republic: http://www.ukerepublic.com/

philrab66
    Participant

Here is one to get you started but I will be posting a more polished version ,like the look of that pineapple.
    Phil

chazyvr
    Participant

Challenge accepted!

twizzler
    Participant

Alright this should work.

** Here is the MP3 – if playback file doesn’t work **

twizzler
    Participant

THERE WE GO!!!!

twizzler
    Participant

By the way This competition is a lot of fun Andrew.

chazyvr
    Participant

*Challenge 🙂

Uke players don’t compete. 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

Great job Twizzler! I converted it to an MP3 and put the link in your post for others to enjoy listening to, in case the other file doesn’t work for everyone 🙂

twizzler
    Participant

Thanks Andrew.
    And good catch Chazyvr, “Challenge”

yukalele
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Been using 101 free for a while, then joined as a paid member in January. Now seriously contemplating participating in the challenge… scary stuff.

twizzler
    Participant

Yeah it’s fun.

twizzler
    Participant

You should do it

ukeninja
    Participant

twizzler
    Participant

Dang…….Way to put me to shame man…Very good.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Brilliant job Erick (ukeninja)! Thanks to all who have entered the challenge so far, it’s starting to get exciting!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.