Participate in the March 2020 Member Challenge – Classical Themed!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the March 2020 Member Challenge – Classical Themed!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 181 total)
  • Author
    samash07
    Participant

Wow, that is an impressive amount of entries in just 7 days of posting the challenge video. Great job guys! I should really try to get myself a Low G string too as Lagrima doesn’t sound that good. But I have a weird beginners question…

Is it ok to restring my High G string back after I’m done? Or are the strings obsolete once they are removed? I know this is probably a dumb question, lol.

cloud_cactus
    Participant

lol I have the same question! I need to know whether I have to buy another string or not.

lisadmh
    Participant

If your current string is all trimmed tight and nice, it’ll probably be too short to get it back on. If you didn’t trim it down and have some tails on each end, it’s probably reusable.

laurasil
    Participant

@robinboyd Thank you!!! there’s some really crazy fretting going on in that piece 😂 I’m impressed that you are learning the other themes, I really want to do it in the future. I look forward to seeing your entry

Andrew
    Keymaster

johanna2509 – beautifully played, well done!

deadbuggy – I really dig the “free flow” feel you have for bars 1 through 4. But I think you may want to copy that feel for bars 5 through 8. IMO, this piece needs a consistent feel. Plus, that would nicely contrast the steady feel you use for Melody B.

laurasil – wow, bravo! And yes, this was arranged by Evan. I thought you did a brilliant job overall. Here’s what I would work on: Clean up the chord hits and get them to sustain more. Slow down your tempo to work on this. But again, major props for a job well done!

turkgoose
    Participant

Hello everybody, great videos so far!
    I really wish I was at a level where I could play moonlight sonata. A future goal for sure!

Waltz in C is definitely more my level, so here it is.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@turkgoose – beautifully played, well done! 🙂

raffybaking
    Participant

Here’s my entry guys ..it’s kind of complicated coz i need to pair up the notes with a high G. I made a few adjustments so that it will sound the same as Andrew’s. It’s an exciting piece! I hope you’ll like it.😊

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by raffybaking.
    becky7777
    Participant

The luthier called me today. So excited! Getting the guitalele back, freshly set up tomorrow afternoon sometime! 🙂 I can’t wait to see how it plays with a lower action. Not sure if he is changing the strings. Friend said he’d get me a pack though, if he leaves the stock strings on.

Going to record where i’m at with Lagrima on it hopefully Sunday, (or tomorrow.)

I’m having a lot of difficulty making bars 15 & 16 sound musical still. Haven’t gotten B smooth yet, but it’s memorized early for once.

Need to revisit the lesson again and see where I went wrong.

erino7

Finally participating in another challenge. This tune was so fun to play.

Andrew
    Keymaster

raffybaking – beautiful playing! I shared this on our social media 🙂

The one thing I’d recommend trying out is the fingering suggestions I gave in the lesson video for the first two chords of bar five. Try that fingering, it should make that section a lot easier to play. And great job on the adaptions you made to make this piece sound great on high G.

erino7 – well played, Courtney! Keep up the great work 🙂

raffybaking
    Participant

@Andrew Yes I just saw it this morning..😊thank you I really appreciate that and I will try the fingering like how you do it and I’ll practice the other new uploaded video too..thank you RockClass101❤

lyndallk
    Participant

Here’s my version of Lagrima! Had a lot of fun. The biggest challenge was trying to get rid of the squeak on the wound low G. I almost did it! So quite happy about that. Of course I could always change it to an unwound string. That would be so much easier.

Thanks for the challenge Andrew as usual

laurakarr12
    Participant

I am a Premium Member. “Waltz in C” (no. 2).
    Personal challenges: pick cord and conquer harmonics

timolnz
    Participant

Here is my entry….Waltz in C (No.2).
    By some fluke i achieved a subtle harmonic (i think) at the end so i went with this recording….couldn’t achieve one in my many previous attempts. Will have a go at ‘Lagrima’ now. All the best everyone in these challenging times. Tim

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by timolnz.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 181 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.