Participate in the March 2020 Member Challenge – Classical Themed!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the March 2020 Member Challenge – Classical Themed!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 181 total)
  • Author
    becky7777
    Participant

@omaon4 – You would have laughed if you heard how I was pronouncing it! 😄 Thank you for the Tear translation. 👍

@robinboyd
    – I enjoyed the progress videos on Moon.

———-

Working on Lagrima for the challenge. Need to check my fingerings against the lesson for bars 5 & 6. It took me a long while to figure out how to do that, but I don’t think it’s right still. I started by dropping that first joint to bar, which worked fine but probably isn’t great to do, then was working with that middle and pinky shape not remembering if we used it for that part too and worked something out with fingertips I thought might be it finally.

Having a problem with my pointer finger sticking straight up in this one like i’m signaling for something or saying “hold on” when it’s not being used. Having to focus a lot just to keep that stupid finger down in playing position or at least relaxed for some reason on this song so far.

I feel like people should be trying to toss rings on my finger to win a fish at a festival. :/

kanae926
    Participant

Becky, that’s me with my index finger right now. I have to consciously remind myself not to have it sticking up. Your analogy is spot on. 😂

robinboyd
    Participant

@lyndallk – no pressure then! I’d better go and practice.

smokealot
    Participant

Im working on lagrima as well and have the same problem with the funky fingering or finger franzy. So Im trying to barre bar 5. the jump from end of 5 to 6 is doable and the switch from 97×7 to 79×9 is even more complicated but seems doable too. At least it works better for me than what Andrew recommanded. I just cant put my ring finger underneath my middle. Been doing the stretching exercises. Perhaps that will help.

johanna2509
    Participant

Lagrima is also my choice. I can’t put my ring finger underneath the middle too. It kinda works when playing really slow but the string doesn’t ring out when I’m speeding up. So I use the same fingering for the Amaj7 and Gmaj7 in bar 5. That way I can just move the fingering.
    The switch from end of 5 to 6 causes so much unwanted string noise because all the fingers move to another position…
    The whole finger frenzy is easier on my high g tenor, but I like the sound of the low G more and I only have a concert low G ukulele.

cloud_cactus
    Participant

Thank you for the information robinboyd! I’m going to go buy a low g string now!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by cloud_cactus.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by cloud_cactus.
    robinboyd
    Participant

Here is a recording of my starting point. I should be able to get up to the end of bar 35 but I ended up finishing at bar 31. Oh well.

THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@robinboyd – Bravo! I’m excited to see your progress throughout the month 🙂

robinboyd
    Participant

Here is theme 5. For some reason the section from bar 37 to bar 39 really reminds me of Radiohead’s Paranoid Android.

johanna2509
    Participant

Had a stressful exam yesterday. Waltz in C was perfect to calm me down. This is easier than my current level, but Lagrima seems a little bit too hard. However, I hope I can improve and show my progress in the end of the month.

So here is Waltz in C:

Looking forward to all the Moonlight Sonata entries! Nice job, Robin!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by johanna2509.
    deadbuggy
    Participant

I used to be able to play a version of Lagrima on guitar but I forgot it long ago, so it’s been great to revisit it.

laurasil
    Participant

When I started the uke I learned an arrangement of Moonlight Sonata, but it was A LOT simpler and easier than this one lol I have to bow down to whoever arranged this (Evan? Andrew?)

Hope to have the time to learn the rest of the themes

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by laurasil.
    lisadmh
    Participant

Wow, all three songs back to back. Good job folks! And on day 7 of the challenge, all making it look easy. No, I’m not jealous of any of you.

Love it. Thanks for sharing.

kanae926
    Participant

Wow, Sara. So beautifully played. You make that look easy. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

robinboyd
    Participant

Wow @laurasil. I’m impressed. Such smooth transitions and clean fretting. I know exactly how hard that was!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 181 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.