Participate in the May 2023 Challenge! You Choose: $1,745 OR $2,900 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the May 2023 Challenge! You Choose: $1,745 OR $2,900 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 145 total)
  • Author
    leb397
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I chose the Rhythmic Variation EP010 because I wanted to work on smoothing the change in variations. It Wasn’t easy. So much harder than I thought and with out the Tab player, I could not have gotten through it at all, and it certainly needs more work. Here’s my Spicy take. 🙂
    Thanks Andrew. You really pulled out the groove this month.
    Louisa

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@leb397, that was very spicy and lovely!! 😅💕 Hearing your take makes me want to learn that, too. But I have my hands full with Funk Jam. 😂🥺 But yes, quite a lovely take of that one, you did! 😊

leb397
    Participant

@the_bumble_bard I can only imagine the practice on Funk Jam. Good luck. I’m sure you’ll do it justice. 😊
    I appreciate the kudos. We all need feedback. I spent two hours this morning trying to get a descent recording only to try again later. I know I’m not alone out there. However,the benefit of all this is I know I’ve improved and that makes me happy 😃
    Btw, I loved Matt’s lesson on John Lennon Imagine. Going to work on that once my fingers get a day or two rest 😆

Andrew
    Keymaster

@rafaela – That was amazing! Bravo on the solo! All the parts were very well played! 👏

@leb397
    – Fantastic take, Louisa! Great job showcasing all of the variations 🙂

gi_gi_
    Participant

@leb397 That was great… everyone has done so well this month. Wish there was a like button for everyone. So much work goes into a 2 min recording like you said. Hours and hours and days but it’s so worth it in the end 🙂

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@leb397, not gonna lie, learning Funk Jam has been a journey and it ain’t over yet. It is good because I’m working on skills that were actually around level 0 of development, pretty sure, like if this were a video game. 😂 The multiple takes can be a gauntlet, trying to get the best take possible, but like @gi_gi_ said and you’ve shown, it’s so worth it. 😊 Oh my, I loved Matt’s arrangement of Imagine so much, too! I used to play that on piano all the time and he really captured the feel of playing it.

leb397
    Participant

@andrew THANK YOU . Those quick cord changes are hard and I struggle to make them sound “clean”. More practice as I said.

@gi_gi_
    Thank you. We have said before that a “like” option would be nice 🙂 Each month I watch/listen to everyone’s entry and my admiration grows knowing the work. @the_bumble_bard after seeing @marianne (awesome job! BTW) entry of Funk Jam I KNEW my Rhythmic EP010 was MY best choice. Can’t wait to hear more.
    Keep up amazing work RC101 GROUP. (13 days left of practice 😉

lisadmh
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Rhythmic strumming is not my strength, but I tried!

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by lisadmh.
    rebeca
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here’s my submission.
    Have a nice weekend everyone 🙂

muzikmama
    Participant

Hello 🙂. This is my imperfect attempt.

anyon1
    Participant

Hi Everyone!

I am a Premium Member

I started the month working on Rhythmic Variations but quickly realized I did not have enough time to get it down. There’s a part in the video where Andrew encourages us to take some creative liberties, and I found I was getting very creative in trying to adjust the piece to what I thought I could accomplish this month! 🙂

I took a step back and worked on Strumming Song.

lhamilton
    Participant

Hi,

I tried Funk Jam this month.

Linda
    I am a premium member

dividedsky
    Participant

@leb397 I loved watching your clean and spicy version of the Rhythmic Variations!
    Jane

dividedsky
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Here is my submission for Rhythmic Variations. It could be smoother, and I’ll keep working on it, but this is what I have now. 🙂

Jane

lyndallk
    Participant

Hi All
    I’m a premium member

Here is my version of “Cissy Strut” I did it at 75% because that is as fast as I’ll ever get that solo. I had fun trying to line up the solo with the rhythm, but I think I pretty much got it. Thanks Evan and Andrew. Another fabulous challenging arrangement.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 145 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.