Participate in the May 2023 Challenge! You Choose: $1,745 OR $2,900 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the May 2023 Challenge! You Choose: $1,745 OR $2,900 Kanile’a

Viewing 10 posts - 136 through 145 (of 145 total)
  • Author
    jgillard
    Participant

@Stephen – Thanks for the feedback. I know it can be a lot of work to watch all these and be able to provide constructive feedback! It is appreciated! 🙂

ksapp92
    Participant

Oh no, I just realized I forgot to add “I am a premium member” as well! Don’t know if it’s still possible to add

dianna
    Participant

@jgillard…I have thought of that too, the amount of work it takes to listen to all of these submissions….and I know, the critiques that I have received are on point. Not only that, we have access to multiple, talented teachers…..Thanks Rockclass 101♥️

denisedistefano
    Participant

Thank you so much, Andrew!!!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Here’s everyone on page 8.

@robinl
    – Excellent rhythm playing! The only thing I’d work on is getting the ending lick rhythm to be a little bit closer to what I played/taught. Jump to 20 minutes in the lesson and try playing the lick along with me to match the timing/feel.

@denisedistefano
    – Bravo! It’s very impressive how fast you’re progressing. I certainly couldn’t do half of what you’re doing in only 4 months of playing!! So def keep doing what you’re doing, it’s working!

Good catch on spotting the fretting position. Watch out for that as you play. We want to be super close to the neighboring fret, but not on it.

One thing I noticed is that you have a lot less tension in your right hand when playing the first half of the tune vs. the second half. I want you to go back and watch your video when you repeat bar 13 to 14 three times. Watch only your right hand.

Then watch me play that part. Again, watch only my right hand. Notice how I’m picking lighter and there’s less movement in my picking hand. Try to copy that. Here’s a short video showing both. The first time I play the passage, I’m using too much movement and too much force when plucking. The second time I play the passage is more on par with where we want it to be.

@riley_ukulele
    – You aced it! Good luck with your studies 🙂

@concan
    – Your playing has a great feel! And you showcased all of the changes 🙂

I would just work on memorizing it, so you can focus 100% on your playing. Also try working on one section at a time w/ a focus on keeping it steady.

@lmdlinda
    – Very well played, Linda! That’s a performance you can be proud of 🙂

Rhythm playing was excellent throughout and I like the slight change you added to the lick at the end. It worked really well!

@riffyk
    – Great job, Kahn! I think you’ve got a great base established. But, there are issues with the form being incorrect in the first half, as well as, some of the rhythmic variations were missing in the second half.

When you do have internet, I’d recommend working section by section with me in the video lesson. That’ll help tighten up the loose ends.

@mlarson
    – Bravo! Excellent rhythm playing!

@yukalele
    – That was awesome David! Nice tight playing and groove. I think this is my fav performance of yours to date!

@addilein
    – Very well played! I only have a few suggestions. First is to memorize it, so you can focus 100% on your playing. Second, work on getting the rasgueado strum a little cleaner. Third, don’t forget about the triplet strum. That’s a very cool technique to add to your playing repertoire.

@omaon4
    – Great job, Helga! I think you’ve got a great base established. So from here, I’d recommend working on one section at time. Focus on memorization and working towards gradually boosting the tempo.

@maryjanew
    – Way to go MJ! Rhythm playing was spot on in the blues tune! Great feel/energy throughout too! That ending lick is tough because that note on the 1st fret of C happens right after the A7 strum. Keep practicing that transition. It’s a toughy!

I was very impressed w/ your playing on the other tune too! Target your practice from bar 18 to the end. Everything before that you’re rockin’!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@ksapp92 – Rhythm playing sounded great! Well done, Kelby! Unfortunately, you just missed our cutoff time for an entry! I tried to give everyone a friendly reminder on the 31st. Luckily, we still have our June challenge! Hope to see you there 🙂

@casadot349
    – That rocked, Tyler! Great groove and impressive tempo! Unfortunately, we’ve been pretty strict on deadlines for the last couple years. So I won’t be able to give you an entry this month. I tried to give everyone a friendly reminder on the 31st. Luckily, we still have our June challenge! Hope to see you there 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

Wow! 68 members joined us for this month’s challenge! Watching everyone’s performance has been a pleasure for Stephen and I. BIG thanks to each of you who participated and bravo on a job well done!

Our June Challenge is LIVE and the theme is: Mini Lessons! I hope each of you joins us again.

Below, I will post a list of members who participated in the May challenge for your second chance to win the Kanile’a Ukulele. Please let me know if there are any discrepancies.

—-

gstriph
    gstriph
    billypancakes
    billypancakes
    rgillof
    rgillof
    johanna2509
    johanna2509
    mark1256
    mark1256
    mroman99x
    mroman99x
    joe150
    joe150
    rafaela
    rafaela
    leb397
    leb397
    lisadmh
    lisadmh
    rebeca
    rebeca
    muzikmama
    anyon1
    anyon1
    lhamilton
    lhamilton
    dividedsky
    dividedsky
    lyndallk
    lyndallk
    annemarie
    annemarie
    kaski85
    kaski85
    jbmills07
    jbmills07
    leslieb
    leslieb
    jody_hendrickson
    jody_hendrickson
    The_Bumble_Bard
    The_Bumble_Bard
    katazumiri
    katazumiri
    shmu88
    shmu88
    smokealot
    smokealot
    jebergeron
    jebergeron
    lynettejd
    lynettejd
    peiching
    brettboy
    brettboy
    ldarrow
    ldarrow
    joannetala
    joannetala
    ccwuke
    ccwuke
    patdrehu
    patdrehu
    barbecueblack
    barbecueblack
    lynnzo
    lynnzo
    bibilele
    bibilele
    moonshoes
    moonshoes
    clempek
    clempek
    suekulele
    suekulele
    kdeacon7
    kdeacon7
    misterbones
    misterbones
    lbilkie
    lbilkie
    dorabr
    jgillard
    jgillard
    richard_siegert
    richard_siegert
    karenj
    karenj
    june2020
    june2020
    ukulelee
    ukulelee
    morrieuke1
    morrieuke1
    dianna
    dianna
    janaq1
    janaq1
    akukes73
    akukes73
    zongozongo
    zongozongo
    richo_uke
    richo_uke
    robinl
    denisedistefano
    denisedistefano
    riley_ukulele
    riley_ukulele
    concan
    concan
    lmdlinda
    riffyk
    riffyk
    mlarson
    mlarson
    yukalele
    yukalele
    addilein
    addilein
    omaon4
    omaon4
    maryjanew
    maryjanew

denisedistefano
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback, Andrew. It’s helpful information, and I really appreciate it!

yukalele
    Participant

@andrew. “I think this is my fav performance of yours to date!”

Wow, that is amazing, thank you!

Wouldn’t have got anywhere without RockClass and the team of pros who put together such awesome pieces with brilliant tuition.

richard_siegert
    Participant

Hey @Stephen

Thanks a lot for The Feedback. I did Not know I was playing The Song wrong 😅

Viewing 10 posts - 136 through 145 (of 145 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.