Participate in the September 2020 Member Challenge – Original Music!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the September 2020 Member Challenge – Original Music!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 130 total)
  • Author
    katazumiri
    Participant

Hello everyone!

Here is my “Classical Etude”:

Have a nice day!

patparr
    Participant

Hi.
    One or two more hours and it will be mastered. 😉

lyndallk
    Participant

@Marianne That is a wonderful song. Congratulations!

AJ

Hey guys!! Hope all is well. Here is everyone on page 5

b_ukes_101

sounds really great! I would recommend using your pinky for some of those higher notes in the A section, you are using it in the B section which is awesome. Being able to utilize the pinky for higher notes when the other fingers are already doing other things is crazy helpful. Takes a little bit to get it to where it’s a second nature thing, but when it’s there you forget you’re using it and it really helps make those shifts to higher notes way cleaner. Great job overall!

lhamilton

fantastic job! great tempo and feel. Technique looks great too, so keep it up!

rebeca

awesome job! love the progression and some of the chord voicings as well. Very clean performance all around. great job especially for a first attempt at an original piece. Keep it up!

kittycatlin

sounds great!! only thing i would work on is your picking hand! it’s a subtle thing but try keeping your fingers closer to the strings after you pick the notes. It cleans it up a lot by minimizing the movement of your fingers and can be a huge help with more advanced pieces. Sounds fantastic overall and i love the uku and your cats! I have 2 little dogs myself!!

surfnrz

great job!! Tempo, dynamics, and technique all look and sound great! This is one of those pieces where the tempo speeds and slows down and you did a great job with that. keep it up!

marianne – this is super awesome!! So sorry to hear about that explosion, but am glad that they are doing okay now. Love the song! Chords, progression, melody and harmonies are great. Keep up the good work!!

—-

Here is everyone on Page 6

katazumiri

Sounds really great! I love the slower tempo for this one. I think this piece is one that can sound great at both high and slow tempos. The way you played it here gives it a more personal vibe and its’s awesome. Great Job!!

patparr

Great Job! Only thing i can recommend is work on the A section just a bit and get those slides and transitions a bit smoother! For me, i struggle with the same thing since my hands are big and still struggle to get my fingers in the correct fret, so im with you on this!! Everything else sounds great though!!

surfnrz

Thanks so much @AJ!

cinichol
    Participant

That was really killer. Just beautiful.

lhamilton
    Participant

Thanks, AJ!

rebeca
    Participant

@AJ – Thank you for the kind words!. I’m very happy to hear you say that this is a good starting point 🙂

marianne
    Participant

Thanks @lyndallk and @AJ !! 😊

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by marianne.
    cncamacho
    Participant

May go through and play Wonder as well, but I hear @robinboyd’s Neptune’s Lullaby and enjoyed it so much I wanted to learn it.

Here’s my imperfect take:

robinboyd
    Participant

@cncamacho – Thanks so much for taking the time to learn my tune. It’s great!

kirpuff
    Participant

Its not the last day of the month so that’s a personal victory for me, yay! First entry with my new baby too 🙂 beautiful piece and fun to play, thanks Andrew!

rucha11

Hello,
    The barre chords were a challenge for me and the tune sure is tricky. So, I’ll definitely need more time than a month to practice lol. But I did try my best here.
    Cheers!

Ps: i did upload the same post about 10 mins ago and it isn’t visible so please tell me if i uploaded it twice

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by rucha11.
    bariton
    Participant

Hey guys! Here’s a little song i wrote.

Hope you like it.

kanae926
    Participant

It’s been a while since I’ve last entered a challenge and the recent live lesson reminded me I need more exposure. Recording is my least favorite part of playing the uke, but I can’t expect to get better without feedback.

I’ve been known to skip challenges in the past because I’d rather avoid the anxiety on most days even if I’ve learned the songs.

Anyway, here goes nothing…

P.S. – I really hate recording. My face says it all at the end.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 130 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.