Participate in the September 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Pineapple Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the September 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Pineapple Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    mark1256
    Participant

Thanks @Steven. What a great arrangement. As soon as I heard it, I knew I had to learn it.

leb397
    Participant

Loved it @mark1256. You set the goal for me! I’ll be attempting it myself as my first “intermediate” entry.

shmu88
    Participant

looking for someone to do the Bodysurfing Duet with me ;D
    … IF i don’t realize it is impossible to learn lol.
    Bretboy?

brettboy
    Participant

Hi shmu88 ! ! !

Thanks for thinking of me 🙂 I learned bodysurfing for the April 2020 member challenge. But that video was a bit rough. The two parts are out of sync by just a fraction of a second and the recording quality is weak. here’s that video:

But I’ve been slowly getting better at this kind of stuff and I have a good mic now. So how about you watch that video and then email me [blackdragontea at gmail dot com] and we can talk about a duet 🙂 I’m totally down!

I’ve been learning in the summertime this month but I’m almost read on that one.

Cheers!
    Brett

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@mark1256 and @brettboy, both your videos are crazy good! For a split second I thought, “I could do a duet!” After seeing that, “yeah, nah.” 😅 So good!

mark1256
    Participant
    marianne
    Participant

Here is my submission of Misirlou!
    Tremolo is a super tough technique and this is definitely advanced for me but had to take the challenge!! Hope I didn’t butcher it too much 🙂 sorry about the little hiccup at the very end…

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by marianne.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@marianne – That was EPIC! Bravo 👏

marianne
    Participant

Thanks @Andrew! ☺️

madz_about_uke
    Participant

@marianne 🤯 That was extraordinary! You inspire me!

marianne
    Participant

Aw thank you @madz_about_uke!!

johanna2509
    Participant

Hi hi, here is In the Summertime. Lovely arrangement and one of those songs that gets stuck in my head for days 🙂
    I really struggled with bars 17, 18 and 20; the hammer-ons and pull-offs barely made a sound in the first days of practice (was very frustrating… almost made me switch the tune).
    I feel like the strings on my tenor are really tight, so I switched to my soprano and those bars actually got easier.
    But then the 12th fret was harder to reach and to get a good sound out of it.
    That’s why I switched back to the tenor and tried to build more strength to make the hammer-ons and pull-offs ring out more.
    After a lot of tries I have a version that I am kinda happy with 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

@johanna2509 – Bravo! Fantastic feel & groove throughout. In regards to the H/O’s & P/O’s, it looks like a strength issue (as you mentioned). Not a form issue. Form looks good. Try removing the chords and playing just the melody notes so you can focus on the technique.

johanna2509
    Participant

Thank you Andrew! Yea, I have to work on that strength problem, I am also still using my middle finger to support the index, but that limits the mobility. I revisit those bars and practice with your suggestion 🙂

katazumiri
    Participant

Hello everyone!

Two years ago, Mungo Jerry’s You Tube channel posted a video titled “In The Summertime – Mungo’s Boot Power Band Live Stream Version”.
    I would like to be a part of this event 🙂

Here is my attempt with “In the Summertime” by Mungo Jerry

Have a nice day!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.