Participate in the September 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Pineapple Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the September 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Pineapple Ukulele!

Viewing 9 posts - 91 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    leb397
    Participant

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!! @Andrew I am shocked. Just opened my email to see that I won the beautiful Ortega Pineapple Concert Ukulele!!! I’m lost for words but so excited. Over the moon. Thank you thank you.
    I can’t say enough how impressed I am with the entries each month. I am a late starter on the Uke (4 yrs) and it is a constant struggle but I found Rock Class right off the bat, became a member and followed the courses so I owe so much to Andrew. I finally built enough confidence to enter my first challenge in April.
    Last, I need to thank my husband who knew how much I loved music and surprised me a day in March 2018 with a beautiful Kala Concert. Now I have my second Concert!!! The collection begins. Yeah!!!!

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

That’s so special, @leb397! So excited and happy for you! Congrats! 😁💕

tessiert
    Participant

Congrats @leb397! You’ll have to learn ‘the piña colada song’ 😀

biancak
    Participant

Thank you for the feedback @Andrew. I was still slower than the indicated 120 but could not have played it faster… But I fully agree, the song grooves more at a slower tempo.
    I used a metronome app for practice (set it to 8x 8th to help with the trickier parts like moving on in bar 8…) and actually started from 60% speed only, speeding it up gradually.

lhamilton
    Participant

Congratulations, @leb397! It’s a lovely ukulele!

leb397
    Participant

I appreciate the congratulations @the_bumble_bard @terriert @lhamilton @ldarrow @gi_gi and @nelsonlin2021 – we’ll see about a song but I’ll definitely post a picture.
    I won a Pineapple Uke… I keep telling my husband 😊❤️
    Thank you @Andrew, Republic Uke , Rock Class 101

leb397
    Participant

I appreciate the congratulations @the_bumble_bard @terriert @lhamilton @ldarrow @gi_gi and @nelsonlin2021 – we’ll see about a song but I’ll definitely post a picture.
    I won a Pineapple Uke… I keep telling my husband 😊❤️

madz_about_uke
    Participant

WOW! Congratulations @leb397
    Can’t wait to see your performance with the 🍍

leb397
    Participant

Thank you @madz_about_uke super excited 😊

Viewing 9 posts - 91 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.