Participate in the September 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Pineapple Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the September 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Pineapple Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@katazumiri – I loved it! ❤️

ccwuke
    Participant

Hi, I’ve been so busy lately with music projects that I haven’t participated in the monthly challenge for a while, but have been enjoying everyone’s recordings. Couldn’t resist a very quick attempt at Misirlou, mistakes and all!

Please don’t enter me for the prize draw this month.

The music projects I mentioned above include a 10 week ‘Rock Class’ with a local University School of Music which ends with a 3 song gig at a local venue. I’m also a member of a part time band and we’ve got a 30 min set coming up ina few weeks at a community festival, I’m playing ukulele and acoustic guitar for that one.

Big thanks to Andrew and everyone at RockClass101 for helping me improve my playing skills, musicianship, reduce performance anxiety, and help get me to the point where I can actually play with others in public. Wish me luck!

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@ccwuke, that was so good! Everyone’s is this month. The performance anxiety is such a struggle, for me it’s a huge hurdle. It is helpful to know that even these great players still struggle with it but just push through.

katazumiri
    Participant

Thanks @Andrew ☺

Andrew
    Keymaster

@ccwuke – That rocked, Chris! And so cool to hear about the class! I used to run a “rock band” program alongside a drum and bass teacher and at the end of it, we also booked a real venue for the kids to perform at. It was so much fun! Good luck with the gigs!

madz_about_uke
    Participant

Hello all! This is my entry for this month’s challenge. It’s been fun learning this arrangement.

In Melody B, switching to 10th, 12th, 15th frets are still quite a challenge for me. Placing a sticker on the 12th fret helped a bit.😄

Also, I made a few shortcuts in measures 18 and 19, replacing 8th fret on E string to 5th fret G (high) string. (sorry)

All the best!

turkgoose
    Participant

Here is my second attempt at Bodysurfing (the first attempt was for a previous challenge). I don’t think I really improved much. It was a hard song for me back then, and it is still a hard song now.

leb397
    Participant

@turkgoose WOW 👌 👏 just in awe of this month’s posts… I guess I better practice some more before I post Summertime. Louisa

Andrew
    Keymaster

@madz_about_uke – Bravo! Excellent performance 👏

@turkgoose
    – I went back to listen to your original recording from April of 2020. And the difference was apparent from the start. Your playing shows much more confidence and is more defined in articulation. These are improvements that only come with time. Keep doing what you’re doing, it’s working!

rafaela
    Participant

I am a PREMIUM MEMBER.

Hi everyone!

Bodysurfing was a song I’ve wanted to learn since I first listened to it a couple of years ago – but I was very intimidated by the melody and the speed, thus I always shrunk back. But when I read that it was one of the songs for this month’s challenge, I saw this as the perfect occasion to finally tackle this song. I went for the Ukulele 2 part and am still trying to get to 75% speed, but I am struggling with some parts, especially in the solo part. So here is my recording in 50% speed:

Have a great day! Rafaela 🙂

turkgoose
    Participant

Thank you @andrew and @leb397 for the encouraging comments!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@rafaela – That was an excellent take! Great playing throughout all the parts. Keep working on increasing the speed. From what I hear, 75% doesn’t sound that far away 🙂

mkstewart67
    Participant

I am a premium member.
    Hi All, this was such a fun song to learn and play, I just Love it! I was grateful for the head start too.
    Thanks to everyone for sharing their tunes. I know the performance jitters are Real, so keep up the videos.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

mkstewart67, that was so lovely and made me smile! And all the entries that came before were incredible! I’m probably not going to have time to learn one of these in time now because I way overestimated my ability to learn the……………… Tremble thing for the Misirou. Also only now are my nails long enough to do it. Excuses, excuses. Oh well, at least I’m slightly better at it now! Still, so much fun to listen to everyone’s entries, there’s just so much to learn! 😁💕

Andrew
    Keymaster

@mkstewart67 – Brilliant take! I’m going to share it on our social media today 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.