Participate in the September 2023 Member Challenge: WIN Ortega Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the September 2023 Member Challenge: WIN Ortega Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    leb397
    Participant

@jbmills07 N-I-C-E happy for you 😊 sounds so good.

nelsonlin2021
    Participant

@leb397 haha! My little helper, Don Don, wanted to be part of the video lol. This was not the new uke from the challenge. I’m still getting used to the new longneck Soprano Uke as it does not have a strap and I’m relearning how to keep uke steady without a strap. Hope it will make a debut appearance in an upcoming challenge soon.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@leb397, thank you so much for that! You are always so supportive and kind in what you share here, and it’s so beautiful that we can all share our creative struggles and victories together here, and get through them, because of how much we love playing uke. I think other people here feel that, too. 😂💕

@jbmills07
    , that was so beautiful! Your new uke sounds extra lovely with that song! It definitely sounds better when you play it on Low G, as it was written. 😂😳 You always capture the feeling of songs so beautifully though! Thank you for sharing! 😊

@nelsonlin2021
    , I also enjoyed watching your dancing friend! 😂😅

ldarrow
    Participant

@misterbones and @gi_gi_ thank you for the info, it is very helpful.
    Everyone did such a wonderful job this month, looking forward to October

• This reply was modified 6 months, 4 weeks ago by ldarrow.
    lynnzo
    Participant

Thanks Andrew, I will try that. I did use the play along but couldn’t go faster than about 50% and be consistent. I’ll try the 4 measure loop strategy .

Andrew
    Keymaster

@jbmills07 – Man, that uke sounds so good! I like the reverb you added too! Playing was awesome! Lots of feeling in your performance. Well done!

@jody_hendrickson
    – Wonderfully played! You were locked in tightly with the band! Great feel too! And TY for the kind words 🙂

@dorabr
    – Great playing! I’m hearing that your uke is tuned incorrectly. It sounds like the G string was tuned up a half step and the A string down a half step. I’d also check the other 2 strings. I’d recommend tuning before recording but also each time you pick up the uke 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

Overall, we had 36 members participate in this month’s challenge! I’ve got to give each and every one of you a big round of applause! Everyone played so well and it was a complete joy to watch each performance. 🙂

So without further ado, the winner of the Ortega Ukulele is:

null

null

Our October Challenge is LIVE and it’s your first chance to WIN a $935 Kanile’a Ukulele! Hope to see each and every one of you in the October Challenge: https://rockclass101.com/october-2023-challenge

rafaela
    Participant

Oh wow this is amazing, I can’t believe it!! 😮 This is actually the first time I am winning something, and I couldn’t be happier with the uke – it is such a beautiful model, plus I don’t own a tenor uke yet, so this is just perfect! 😻
    A big thank you to you, Andrew, and the whole team for making this possible, you’ve really made my day!! Thanks so much ☺️

jedart
    Participant

Congratulations, and enjoy playing a tenor

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

Congrats, @rafaela! That’s so awesome!! 😁

nat-uke
    Participant

Yay – congrats @rafaela ! Enjoy! 🎉🥳

nelsonlin2021
    Participant

@rafaela: Congrats on the new Uke 🍾🎉🎈

leb397
    Participant

@rafaela congratulations ! look forward to seeing you post a song while playing ☺️

dianna
    Participant

@rafaela Congratulations! Beautiful Uke…enjoy!

anyon1
    Participant

Congratulations! It’s a pretty ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 127 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.