September 13, 2022 – Live Lesson: What Ukulele Can Do That Guitar Can’t

Home Page Forums Monthly Live Lessons September 13, 2022 – Live Lesson: What Ukulele Can Do That Guitar Can’t

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@robinboyd, that seems like some pretty sweet swag! Wait, what kind of job can you get that you play ukulele while at work? ……………. 😳😅

………….Oh yeah, you have to be a crazy good player for that to be a thing, and also often a great teacher.

I’m curious why other people get multiples of the same size ukulele, what your reasons might be?

june2020

Thank you! Good idea to use the calendar on my phone.

robinboyd
    Participant

My wife is an early childhood educator, so the idea was to play the uke and sing with the children. She just hasn’t gotten around to doing it yet.

As for getting multiples of the same size, I have 2 concerts because I like to play concert size, and I have a low G on one.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@robinboyd, that’s pretty adorable! My sister-in-law used to teach and play guitar to accompany singing with her students too.

Ah, that makes sense. Sometimes I want to get another uke for foolish aesthetic reasons but so far I’ve resisted doing that. 😅

robinboyd
    Participant

We have enough now that we have a 1 in 1 out policy. When we bought our last uke (the low G concert), we gave away the uke it replaced.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

That is a really good rule! Thankfully I haven’t needed a rule like that because crushing poverty kept me from acting on my uke-buying impulses. 😂 “Food, or ukuleles?” It was sometimes still a hard choice. The most extravagant thing I bought on my own was even before the pandemic, the banjolele.

After watching many of the live lessons on topics like this, I do see the value in upgrading to more quality ukuleles eventually, but I have at least one for now–the one I won from here, lol.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.