Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
September 30, 2026 at 2:48 pm in reply to: Participate in the September 2026 Member Challenge – WIN $549 Kala Ukulele #84471
bearregi
ParticipantHi everyone!
Here’s my submission for this month’s challenge: the third lesson from the beginner series, Strumming and Adding a Backbeat. 🙂
It’s a relatively simple piece, but it still gave me plenty of challenges and a few things to be nervous about while recording! 😀
As always, I somehow managed to reach the last week of the month with the completely unrealistic feeling that I still had plenty of time left to practice. Apparently, my calendar and I have slightly different ideas about how long a month is. 😀 Somehow, there’s always one more week I feel I could really use…
Anyway, here it is. Not perfect, but another little step forward and that’s what these challenges are all about for me.
Thanks for listening, and happy playing everyone!
August 30, 2026 at 3:58 pm in reply to: Participate in the August 2026 Member Challenge – WIN $549 Kala Ukulele #84262bearregi
ParticipantHi everyone!
Here’s my August challenge submission: A Dreamy Fingerpicking Etude. 😊
Fingerpicking is still very new territory for me, so I’m definitely at the “figuring out which finger is supposed to do what” stage. 😄
I didn’t have quite as much time to practice this month, so the picking isn’t always as smooth and continuous as it should be. I’m sure a few more weeks… or possibly months 😉 of practice will help with that!
Thanks for listening, and happy picking everyone!
-
This reply was modified 1 month ago by
bearregi.
July 31, 2026 at 10:20 am in reply to: Participate in the July 2026 Member Challenge – WIN $549 Kala Ukulele #84023bearregi
ParticipantHi everyone!
This is my submission for this month’s challenge. I got my little concert ukulele around October last year, and until now I’ve mostly been strumming chords. This is actually my very first attempt at fingerstyle playing.
I know I still have a lot to improve, but every journey has to start somewhere, and this is just the beginning of mine. I’m really happy these monthly challenges exist – they give me the perfect gentle push to pick up my ukulele every day and practice without feeling overwhelmed.
Thanks for listening, and happy playing to everyone!
-
This reply was modified 1 month ago by
-
AuthorPosts