Ask Me ANY Ukulele Question for Chance to WIN a Kala Uke

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons Ask Me ANY Ukulele Question for Chance to WIN a Kala Uke

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    felixpi
    Participant

Hi Andrew,
    Can you suggest a book for basic music theory?

twizzler
    Participant

What was your most awkward moment when playing ukulele?

mca310
    Participant

I’m looking for a clean sounding guitar headphone amp for my electric ukulele so that I can practice privately with headphones and spare my husband from my massacre of the Game of Thrones theme 😛

Can you recommend a guitar headphone amp?

Preferably one with an auxiliary port so I can plug in and use the SoundSlice tab play along feature on the website. Also a headphone jack that plugs in at an angle so that it doesn’t dig into my lap. I’m currently using the Belcat HPA-101 guitar headphone amplug which I’m delighted with, but no auxiliary port, and it digs into my lap. Help!

orchidzzz
    Participant

What kind/brand of strings do you recommend for a concert ukulele?

winnietea
    Participant

Do different materials (such as wood or plastic) make a ukulele sound different?

lyndallk
    Participant

Hi Andrew
    Firstly hope your recovery from your health issue goes well!

I also have a question about Game of Thrones. I’m finding that last bar, going to frets 16 and 18 on the E string very tricky. The body of my uke starts at fret 14 so the reach is tricky and the sound is, well, not nice! I wonder if that’s just practice in profound finger agility.

Do you have any thoughts on how else to do it? Would it be legit to do all four notes of those bars on the A string?

philrab66
    Participant

Is your uke a concert? If yes why do you prefer concert size.

lisadmh
    Participant

I have more questions. I’ve been trying to learn Uke Blues and I’m having a few issues with it.
    1) How do I do the blues swing? It’s not represented in the tabs and I can’t use a metronome with it. Any tips to help me get the timing of this song?
    2) In the same song, my version based on the tabs doesn’t sound the same at all as your recorded version. It’s like there are extra notes you’re playing sometimes, or skipping notes, and not always doing the slaps, compared to the tab? Is there something I’m missing?

Thank you!

dannythethird
    Participant

Alright I know your tutorials are solo playing but I was wondering if you had any tips on singing and playing at the same time

bigboy
    Participant

How do you break down complicated ukulele riffs?

movoo7
    Participant

What strings do you use?

steve_jones
    Participant

Hi Andrew,
    I’d like to know if it’s possible to tune s baritone ukulele to the standard G-C-E-A arrangement?
    I’ve heard that it is possible but the string tension is very different and thus puts extra stress on the neck of the ukulele if not done properly, so how do you do it? Do you need to buy special strings? If so which ones are best and where do you get them?
    Thanks

chipkk

I am a very beginner uke player and find myself struggling to find the correct angle for my short and fat fingers to be placed on the neck and fret so that i get a clean sound. There are many videos available that detail which fret and string to use for various chords, but I have seen noting on methods of placing your fingers on the frets and neck to help a beginner advance.

It seems that many sites just think that everyone can work the neck correctly, but it just is not true. My finger often hit the corresponding strings or do not hold the string down tight enough on the neck to get a clean and clear note.

A video or 30 second piece on how to place your fingers on the neck and frets would be greatly appreciated for us beginners.

Thanks,

Chipkk

iris_peterson
    Participant

So many great questions! I want ALL the answers. My question is about learning pieces of music. What is your process for learning a piece? I’ve been playing for a little over a year and it still seems like it takes forever for me to memorize songs. I know I probably need to move away from relying so much on looking at the page and instead use my memory and ear, but specific advice RE how to think about and do this for faster results would be much appreciated. Thanks!

striebel18

Hello, my question is…

When do I know is time to change the ukulele strings?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)
  • The topic ‘Ask Me ANY Ukulele Question for Chance to WIN a Kala Uke’ is closed to new replies.