Nothin’ But Loops

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing Nothin’ But Loops

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@surferjay, I’m so sorry, when you first said “I want to buy ‘The Ukulele Podcast'” for some weird reason I thought it was something you were completely making up because Ihadneverheardofitbeforeyouguysmentionedhere and until I saw a couple of these videos recently. (Hangs head in shame) Then even after you posted the first video, @gi_gi_ , it didn’t click, and I continued to think it was something you had made up, like a new podcast we could do. πŸ˜… Now knowing what it is, absolutely I’d be on tambourine or cow bell duty (“I’ve got a fevah”) or just watch in awe. You guys can jam. I’ll join maybe in 5 – 10 years from now πŸ˜‰–or never after watching that video you just posted. Where’d that ukulele pyre go again? πŸ˜…

surferjay
    Participant

@tbb OMG we should all do a podcast 😎 We can call it β€œA Ukulele Site” so we don’t infringe on any copyright πŸ˜‚ We can place a heavy focus on tambourines πŸ˜‚

gi_gi_
    Participant

πŸ˜‚ rofl

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@surferjay, hahaha!! Pure gold! Let’s all do it! πŸ˜‚ HEAVY focus on tambourines, but also one lunatic woman with a cowbell who bursts into the room on occasion. πŸ˜‚

recdog
    Participant

@surferjay did you see the podcast where Corey is running through some patterns and Andrew asks him what he is doing there? Corey calls them a sort of β€œextended arpeggios”, going from E7 to Am and back.
    E7
    β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-β€”2-4-5-4-2β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
    β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-4β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”4β€”β€”-
    β€”β€”β€”β€”2β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-2β€”
    1-4β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-4-1
    An amazing thing about this pattern is that you can keep moving it up 3 frets and it still seems to work with the E7 chord like you can do with a diminished chord, there are some added notes. I haven’t figured out exactly what is going on there.
    Am
    β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”3-5-7-5-3β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
    β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-β€”-5β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”5β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
    β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-4β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-4β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-
    2-4-5β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-5-4β€”2-

Ron

gi_gi_
    Participant

@recdog This info is gold. Thanks so much for sharing it.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@recdog, that is so flippin’ cool! Thanks for sharing! 😊

recdog
    Participant

@gi_gi and @tbb glad you liked the share. I memorized the 5 C scale patterns shown in the @gi_gi shared video today. It was easier that I thought when I realized I’m already using a few of them. The second one is also an Am scale the last is also an E flamenco (Phrygian) scale.

leb397
    Participant

Ok ! You folks are the best and keep me smiling! I can’t wait go through all of this information. I’ve been flat out with December activities. BUT this is a 2023 goal for sure.

@surferjay
    you are so generous with your musical knowledge – thanks πŸ˜‰ Louisa

surferjay
    Participant

@recdog Looks very interesting! I’ll have to have a play around with it.

These two videos use the same pattern to create a path to connect the arpeggio shapes. The first video you can follow on the Uke (just use bottom 4 strings).

Second video shows you how to move it around. It’s really useful in improv.

gi_gi_
    Participant

Aren’t Corey & Kalei the best? I watch their show every week. Look at this great video I found.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by gi_gi_.
    gi_gi_
    Participant

@recdog I finally sat down and memorized them as well. So cool.

surferjay
    Participant

Sunday Afternoon Jams:

πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸŽ…πŸ»πŸŽ…πŸ»πŸŽ…πŸ»

gi_gi_
    Participant

That was nice Jay. I will post something soon trying it. What are you using for a backing track?

surferjay
    Participant

Thanks 😎 Hers is the track I used.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.