Participate in the April 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the April 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 196 total)
  • Author
    hacksaw
    Participant

Prelude In C

At bar 23 Abdim7, I find that planting index on 1st string at the 3rd fret and the middle on the 4th string at the 4th fret, with the ring finger on the 2nd string, 4th fret; then using THe pinky between 1st and 3rd strings at the 5th fret, works well.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by hacksaw.
    robinboyd
    Participant

I find that Steven’s weird semi-barre technique works best for me…

hacksaw
    Participant

…..a little hit and miss with me, but I’m sure it would settle in with more practice! Only 12 days left, mind.

robinboyd
    Participant

Yeah. I’m freaking out. This month has been all over the place. I had lots of work early in the month and then my wife caught COVID, so it’s been very strange.

If I don’t get this done, I’ll probably do Waltz at the last minute. I reckon I can get a good recording of that with about 30 minutes’ practice.

gi_gi_
    Participant

@robinboyd Sorry to hear that about your wife. Hope she gets better soon.

dividedsky
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here is my submission of Waltz in C. I don’t have a low G ukulele, so I played it on my baritone ukulele (DGBE). 🙂

jlbross
    Participant

I am a premium Member. I managed to get to 75%. Will update post when I get to 100%
    Hopefully you hear the u bass soundtrack

Andrew
    Keymaster

@terryfallon3 – great job, Terry! So I’m hearing a bit of staccato throughout this tune. Try to keep finger pressure held down for the entire note(s) duration. That should give you more sustain.

@barbecueblack
    – Bravo!! Very impressive playing 🙂

@ccwuke
    – great job, Chris! Sounds like the bass was a little behind at times. So that’s where my focus would be as you continue to practice. But overall it was really solid! Keep up the great work!

@leslieb
    – beautiful performance! Memorization is always best as you can put your full focus into the performance. Great job on rising to the challenge!!

@dividedsky
    – Excellent performance with great feel!

@jlbross
    – Timing sounds great, Jennifer! Keep practicing to build speed. Would love to hear it at 100% speed 🙂

simonalexander
    Participant

Premium Member

I knew that I would be short of time this month so I had to opt for one of the simpler arrangements. Here’s my attempt at the Minuet in G, which I’ve also added a few chords to, in order to fil it out a bit.

june2020

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    I chose Waltz in C (No. 2) for this month’s challenge.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@simonalexander – Beautifully played and the chords were a nice touch 🙂

@june2020
    – lovely playing, June!

ukandrea
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here comes my Minuet in G, I chose an easy one this month as I am practicing very intensively another (passion) song. Still it was a good exercise to play in time with the baseline.

German members and friends: I have super good news, the Ukulele Kids Club will be available very shortly for German kids as well. I have finally found my first music therapist working in a huge hospital and connected her with the CEO of the UKC. The first group to start with will be kids with cancer and injured kids from Ukraine. I will let you and Andrew know in time (latest for xmas!) how to donate to DE if you wish to do so.

nthibode

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I didn’t have the energy to learn Beethoven this month, but looking forward to hearing some of the entries! Here is my recording for Minuet in G.

Awesome work, everyone!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@ukandrea – Fantastic news! Thank you so much for putting that together with Corey 🙂

And amazing playing, bravo!

@nthibode
    – Beautifully played, Nathalie 🙂

dirk55
    Participant

@ukandrea – Great good news Ukulele Kids Club will be available in Germany soon. That motivates me to inquire again whether this is also the case in a large Dutch hospital.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 196 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.