Participate in the August 2018 Member Challenge – "Swing Your Rhythm" Themed!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the August 2018 Member Challenge – "Swing Your Rhythm" Themed!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    gstriph
    Participant

Hi

I’m a new member and a beginner working through the beginner and fingerpicking courses.

It’s amazing how much harder it is when the camera is rolling LOL.

So, here’s my entry and stab at it — still a work in progress though!

Jerry

rickeymike
    Participant

Perfection, Jerry. Very clean.

annefgodfrey
    Participant

It is obvious from my gnarled hands that I am “an older dog” trying desperately to learn to play the ukulele. My rhythm is way off as I search for notes & attempt to use proper fingers on different strings.

Andrew, your classes are awesome & have afforded hours of enjoyment. I thank you & look forward to improving.

Sincerely,
    Anne Godfrey

Andrew
    Keymaster

mheiden, great job Maureen! Here is a video with my feedback.

lyndallk, welcome back Lyndall! That was an absolutely brilliant performance. You’ve already given my feedback, lol! Just a couple spots to touch up, but nothing that a little bit more practice can’t fix. Very good performance, you should be proud of it!

gstriph, wonderful playing Jerry! Rickey is right, very clean! Give the picado technique a shot! It’s a great technique to develop 🙂

kellyblackburn
    Participant

Hi Andrew,
    Here’s 2 videos. One on my new Kala and one on my Kanilea!

Thanks,
    Kelly

wongbrown

I cannot remember how many takes I have recorded before this submission. I thought it was an easy one and obviously I was wrong.
    Cheers, Sheila

curlyuke
    Participant

I’m struggling with the stretch 🙂

kayleighb

Ok here goes…
    Here is Spongebob from June 2017

And now August 2018

A few mistakes and still not up to 100% speed. There is a definate improvement however I struggled with the stretch on the concert size uke. I feel like I should be better than this but I haven’t practised this since the original challenge.

mheiden
    Participant

Hi Andrew,
    Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it.
    Yes, I need to spend more time practicing 2 bars at a time and putting it together. I think doing this with the tab viewer will help. Most times I have a pause, I’ve forgotten what to do.

I need to go back to read about picado; I can’t recall what is it. For this song I used my thumb for strings 3 & 4, first finger for string 2 and my middle finger for string 1. My natural tendency is to play 1 finger per string…like when playing Allegro that is easier.

Thanks! (I have so many songs on my list to learn….but they take awhile to get down. I’ve memorized 6 so far)

cornishdpt
    Participant

Playing on”Hilda” who is a Kala pacific walnut uke that I bought a couple weeks ago. She is a tenor uke, so I know my pinky reaches are ugly, but have only played on a concert uke before. No excuses, so I may re record.

brenna
    Participant

Hallo!!!
    I try… Good ukuleling…!!!

annefgodfrey
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

This is a second attempt at sending video. First was too large. Hope it goes through.
    Many thanks for such great tutoring!

Happy day,
    Anne Godfrey

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi Anne, the upload limit is very small, as it is only meant for picture sharing. Do you mind uploading to YouTube and sharing a link here?

lyndallk
    Participant

I’m posting another video of me trying out Spongebob Squarepants. Seems the hardest thing is to play while videoing! I can play it perfectly to myself. But that said, I’m pleased with my improvement. There is still a way to go ….

lygonaceae

Here’s my submission. I wanted to work more on strumming technique than the swinging cadence, but this was a fun exercise to do that with. The hardest part was not letting the uke slip through my hands as I was trying to keep it in frame. This was the take where my phone didn’t fall out of my cactus tripod

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.