Participate in the August 2021 Member Challenge – Theme: Fingerpicking Etudes!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the August 2021 Member Challenge – Theme: Fingerpicking Etudes!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    lisadmh
    Participant

Hi class. I’ve already entered this month, but Etude 1 has been my go to song since very early in my uke days, a few years now, and it would feel wrong to not post it now that is finally featured.

You’d think it’d be easier to get a clean take at this point, lol. But alas… Here’s another “I guess it’s good enough” recording from me.

This is for anyone who is interested in understanding more about the baritone sound. I was just gifted with a lovely baritone and I’m loving how all my old songs sound new again. So here is Etude 1 on the baritone uke.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Sounds beautiful on baritone, Lisa 🙂

johanna2509
    Participant

Hi all,

this challenge was a special one for me. I was on vacation at the beginning of the month, so I had enough time to think about which arrangement I wanna choose.
    I loved the Travis Picking since it came out but I don’t have a baritone ukulele and playing it on low G sounds in my opinion not as cool as the baritone. So I thought I’ll choose one of the easier ones.
    After a while I noticed “well, I do have an instrument that has the tuning of a baritone ukulele, I just have to ignore two of the strings” lol.
    I started practicing on guitar, but I am not used to it and those LARGE frets.
    I struggeld with the barre and stretch chords. Also new for me was to record the audio with ableton and shoot the video later. That was also difficult, because the audio wasn’t perfect and the video has to match the audio somehow.
    Oh, and I am playing it slower than Andrew, because of those difficult chord changing parts.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@johanna2509 – Well done, Johanna. Sounds great on guitar! And yes, those stretch chords are tough on that instrument, but your form looks great. Keep up the good work!

gi_gi_
    Participant

This is my very first Challenge ever. It truly was a challenge but I am happy I tried it 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by gi_gi_.
    somasoma321
    Participant

Hi everyone!!

Here my entry for August 😀

Fingerpicking Etude no.1

timolnz
    Participant

Hello All, here is my entry, Etude No.25. I took the liberty of doubling the length and added a progression of my own in the 2nd half, trust its acceptable. Many thanks, Tim

june2020

I chose Fingerpicking Etude No. 1 for this challenge. I took the last feedback from you for Sleepwalking and completely memorized this tune. It does make a difference to be able to play from memory as I was able to concentrate on playing faster and more precisely. It’s still a bit rough. Looking forward to your feedback.

gstriph
    Participant

I liked Morning Dew so I worked on it this month. Trying to get it faster now that it is memorized…

Jerry

joe150

xrisrari

Helloo!!This is my participation for the August challenge.I chose Fingerpicking Etude (no.1).It’s the first time that i take part in the monthly challenges.Looking forward to your feedback.

terryfallon3
    Participant

Hi all,

I was daydreaming, and really enjoyed the challenge.
    Lovely composition, Andrew.

Sorry for the camera angle. You should be looking at my hands and not my nose hairs.

Oh, and I AM a Premium Member

lbilkie
    Participant

I barely made it this month! Had tendonitis in my left ring finger and got a cortisone shot in it (ouch) so was out for a couple of weeks. Here is my Fingerstyle Etude No.1

~Lori

maryjanew
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMEBR! (I almost forgot that part)
    I was not even going to post this month due to helping my daughter before and after her giving birth to her 4th child! She had a beautiful 11 lb. girl! wowza!
    I found some time this last week to work on Etude # 26- Travis Picking, although NOT enough time to really tackle it well. So I’ll keep working on it.
    I wanted to learn Travis Picking because it sounds great but it is Very challenging! I was also challenged by all the “stretch chords” in this song. Especially playing those chords on the Baritone! Thanks Andrew 😳 😜.
    My Ohana Baritone has a built in pick-up/EQ so I was plugged into an interface and recorded on my MacBook Pro in PhotoBooth.
    Andrew, I love the sound of this piece and I’ve been wanting to watch “Into The Wild” for sometime now, ever since I learned Eddie Vedder did the sound track. I love his Ukulele album!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by maryjanew.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by maryjanew. Reason: add description
    coffeemug
    Participant

Hi, everyone—

I had to put down the uke for a few months because of some tendinitis I developed in my thumb. Things are better now and I’m glad to be back.

Thanks for the fun etude!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.