Participate in the August 2021 Member Challenge – Theme: Fingerpicking Etudes!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the August 2021 Member Challenge – Theme: Fingerpicking Etudes!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    lisadmh
    Participant

Oops, I messed with your song, @Andrew. I took Morning Dew, and embellished it. I got a little inspiration from Matt’s Deck the Halls, of all places. I played it slow and mellow, by choice, not at all because I can’t speed up a certain phrase that I added, lol.

Here is Morning Dew with a Lemon Twist. Feedback welcome on both the embellishing and the execution.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@ukandrea – Here’s my feedback for you 🙂

@cheun133
    – Your second attempt sounds like a wonderful improvement in speed and fluidity. Well done!

@lisadmh
    – Love it! I pm’d you an idea on the songwriting. Really cool to see you guys take it and make it your own 🙂

smokealot
    Participant

Hi class,

and greetings from Sweden. The geese in the background were suddenly starting to make quite the noice.

Etude no. 1 was the first on I learned and since it is so meditative I still like playing it.

mademoiselleannette
    Participant

Hi guys!
    Here’s my August entry with Fingerpicking Etude (no. 1). Thank you to Andrew for composing such a pretty piece! I enjoyed learning it.
    Today is my grandma’s birthday so I want to dedicate this video to her!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@smokealot & @mademoiselleannette – Beautiful playing, guys. And love the backdrop, Ulli 🙂

joelnal

Hi everyone. Here’s my video of the Fingerpicking Etude. I’m still working on it but this is the earliest I’ve felt comfortable recording since I started doing the monthly challenges. I figured it would be good to get some feedback while I am still working on it.

I am a premium member.

Cheers!
    Joel

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by joelnal.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@joelnal – Well done, Joel! Left hand looks great and the piece sounds great overall, but there is one area I want you to work on: your right hand.

I made this video for another member the other day and the first point I talked about is exactly what I would have filmed for you, too.

joelnal

Thanks Andrew, I appreciate the feedback! I’ll try your suggestion with the right hand. 😄

brettboy
    Participant

Aloha Ukulele Friends. I learned Etude No. 26 (Travis Picking) this month! Such a pretty little tune! Thanks Andrew and RC101 Team!!

katazumiri
    Participant

Hello everyone!

Here is my Fingerpicking Etude no. 25: “Morning Dew”

Have a nice day!

robinboyd
    Participant

@brettboy – I love your feel on this piece. That’s inspiring!

@katazumiri
    – Did you recently change your profile picture? I had always associated your forum handle with カタツムリ and I figured it had to be a coincidence, but now I see it was intentional!

ebetsimo
    Participant

hi, this is my entry for this month challenge, I like this etudes because it have strumming, fingerpicking, a triplet strum, slide, pull off. great etudes andrew thanks

henri0
    Participant

Morning Dew

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Loved this piece when I heard it but broke my first low G string attempt for Sleep Walk and then went travelling sans ukulele…but in my travels picked up a second hand cheapie strung with low G to my happy surprise. Can now learn a whole bunch of arrangements on here I’ve been putting on hold! For now…

saiyara
    Participant

Hey there!
    Here’s my submission for the August challenge. I worked on Morning Dew. This is my very first submission in the monthly challenges. Looking forward to your feedback. Thanks a bunch for making these amazing etudes. Hoping to participate regularly from now on.

saiyara
    Participant

Apologies. Seems like it got posted twice 😋🙏

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.