Participate in the August 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Bamboo Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the August 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Bamboo Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    bibilele
    Participant

Still in holidays, so I chose the easy way out. Recorded this in a beautiful gorge in Bavaria, Germany. Don’t love the last chord by the way, but I think you can hear that. LOL

Andrew
    Keymaster

@jass007 – Beautifully played and very cool to watch as everything was inverted. Keep up the great work!

@bibilele
    – Gorgeous take in a beautiful setting. Enjoy the rest of your holiday 🙂

shmu88
    Participant

Hello All,

Here’s this month’s entry for me 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

@shmu88 – Beautifully played, Sam!

marianne
    Participant

As I had already learnt and submitted Moon Waltz and The Explorer previously, decided to take on Fingerpicking Etude No.5.

What a gorgeous melancholic little tune Andrew. As always, wonderful melodies!

Here’s to you from Lebanon:

Andrew
    Keymaster

@marianne – Beautiful performance! There’s a couple transitions I’d work on getting smoother timing wise, but it was excellent overall and the tone on that uke is absolutely lovely 🙂

And TY so much for the kind words Marianne!

marianne
    Participant

Thanks @andrew! Haha yes you are right…! I should have given it another day before submitting but was too eager to do so. Had started learning it only 2 days ago 😂
    Agreed the tone of that uke is gorgeous. I am finding it impossible to go back to the old one!

katazumiri
    Participant

Hello everyone!

Here is my attempt with “Fingerpicking Etude no. 5”.

Have a nice day!

pysanky
    Participant

This is my entry for August. I’m getting ready for a trip so I wanted to get this submitted before I leave. I know it could use improvement on transitions and timing and some string buzz but I’ve run out of time to work on it!

lalo_eer
    Participant

First time posting here.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by lalo_eer.
    gstriph
    Participant

One take! I think this is a record. Still smoothing things out now that it is memorized. I like the Dust in the Wind vibe… maybe this should be a song suggestion.

Jerry

Andrew
    Keymaster

@katazumiri – Beautifully played and the tone on your uke is lovely 🙂

@pysanky
    – It was a great take! Lovely playing 🙂

One suggestion, sometimes in the B Melody you pluck the G string strongly and it overshadows some of the melody/harmony. I’d suggest a lighter pluck like you did in the A Melody. That’ll yield a sweeter blend.

@gstriph
    – It def does have the DITW vibe 🙂

Performance was great! Only thing I’d say is keep working on the transitions in the B Melody. But overall is was excellent! Great job this month, Jerry.

brettboy
    Participant

Hi Ukulele Friends 🙂
    I’m a premium member

Here’s a video of me playing Fingerpicking Etude no. 5

Thanks!

PS. If you want to check out my “The Explorer” video it was posted on my channel March 12, 2022.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@lalo_eer – Brilliant first post! Bravo, playing was excellent! My only suggestion is to try to clean up the strum hits in Theme 3. They’re a little tricky rhythmically as they are syncopated at the end (4 &a). Try playing along with me in the tab player to strengthen your timing in this section.

@brettboy
    – Beautiful takes, Brett! Love the deep tone on the bari 🙂

turkgoose
    Participant

I chose The Explorer again, it’s such a great song! I think I did a little better than last time.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.