Participate in the August 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Bamboo Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the August 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Bamboo Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    biancak
    Participant

I am a premium member

I couldn’t decide on one piece only… so fiddled around with 2 of them…:D
    Thanks for the arrangements

themccoys
    Participant

I am a premium member. Thanks for a beautiful song, Andrew!

jody_hendrickson
    Participant

Thanks, Andrew, and thank you for all the work and care you put into Rock Class 101. Looking forward to all the challenges to come!

karenj
    Participant

Here’s my August Challenge submission of Moon Waltz. The setting is a little noisy with the waves, beach walkers, and dogs playing, but I was going for a Hawaiian vibe. I am still working on keeping a consistent tempo. Thanks for another great lesson and a lovely song.

Take care,
    Karen

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@karenj, that was so lovely! 😁

jeetmann

nelsonlin2021
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

This month I chose Fingerpicking Etude no. 5. It’s such a beautiful melody and I really enjoyed learning it. The most challenging part for me to overcome is to Travis-Pick consistently and timely. It’s also easy to lose focus and mess up like I did near the end but it was still my best take from many attempts.

leb397
    Participant

So impressed with the entries and stepping up their “game” with location shots! I started with Etude #13 so I’m posting it first but I REALLY wanted to learn Etude #5 for travis picking. What a challenge, so I will post it after this one. Andrew, all the lessons are a real challenge and it has truly been a journey learning. I watch the other posts and often think – “Ill never be as good” but then, it’s all about the joy of learning for me. THANK YOU Andrew for inspiration with RC101. Louisa

leb397
    Participant

This is my second post with Etude #5 and attempt to travis pick. It is a slower version but eventually, maybe these old fingers with speed up. Of course, I too have a video fear (like many say) and getting a good video is hard without mistakes.
    Thanks again Andrew.
    Only count one entry since I am posting two… overachiever… ha ha

olemartin
    Participant

@mark65536

Nice video! May I ask what ukulele you have there?

Ole Martin

santai
    Participant

Finally I managed to get something ready for submission again! My first entry this year… ^^;

When I closed in on the ending I added to the etude, my brain kind of froze and I added another repetition to collect myself again. But nevermind. Posting something here in time is enough of an achievement for me. 😀
    I hope you’re all well! 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

Friendly Reminder – The deadline for receiving feedback and an entry into the giveaway is tonight at 11:59 PM EST (check your local time zone).

sylus9
    Participant

Etude #5
    Thank you everyone at rockclass101 for the past responses and advice!

mark65536
    Participant

Thanks @olemartin.

The uke is a baritone semi-solid eletric acoustic built by HiGuitarsUK.

jbmills07
    Participant

Wanted to sneak one more upload in! For this one I went with fingerpicking etude #13. I struggled with changing between the two picking patterns and the pull off. And when it came to recording it, I found that when I didn’t have the onscreen tabs to play along with, i tend to speed up too much!
    Also, I wanted to bow out of the entries for this month’s drawing, as I already own a Kala Bamboo uke and would like to see it go to someone else 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.