Participate in the August 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Bamboo Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the August 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Bamboo Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    qiuyan
    Participant

Moon Waltz – Playing this definitely helped ease some of my anxiety from work. Thanks for the beautiful song.

gmflin8
    Participant

Lost patience on my self to keep practicing, so here is the version for the August challenge πŸ™‚

Andrew
    Keymaster

@turkgoose – BIG improvement on Theme 3! Note clarity and timing is great throughout. Keep up the excellent work!

@qiuyan
    – Beautiful performance. Glad it was able to help ease your stress πŸ™‚

@gmflin8
    – Lovely performance! For Melody A, you’re at the stage now where you can start boosting tempo. Try 5 or 10bpm faster and take it from there πŸ™‚

For Melody B, target the transitions that had a little bit of hesitation. Overall, it was great! Keep up the good work!

madz_about_uke
    Participant

Here is my entry for this month’s challenge.

Any advice on how to hold the baritone? It’s bigger than my other ukes and I am having trouble holding it to an angle. I always end up holding it 180 which I find difficult when playing on higher frets. Thanks!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@madz_about_uke – Beautiful performance! My only suggestion is to try the down strums with your thumb. It’ll give them a sweeter tone than the nail of the index finger.

As for your question, have you tried a strap? That should help prop it up in place πŸ™‚

madz_about_uke
    Participant

Thanks Andrew! I’ll practice strumming with my thumb (and practice playing it slowly).
    guess i need to have this strap button installed. Thank you again Andrew πŸ˜€

suekulele
    Participant

I am a PREMIUM MEMBER.

Moon Waltz since I learned the etude previously. This actually wasn’t my best musical performance, but it was the only take the flamingoes stayed in frame! So go easy on me ☺️

clempek
    Participant

Hey,

It’s my participation for the monthly challenge.

Have Γ  great day !

Andrew
    Keymaster

@suekulele – I love this video, Sue! It’s like a snapshot of a perfect summer night. Great music with a beautiful pool. I’m sharing it in this week’s newsletter πŸ™‚

@clempek
    – Great performance! My only tip is to try not to lift up your finger immediately after you play the melody notes that jump up/down the A string. That creates a staccato sound and we want to have more sustain here. Try practicing at a slower tempo and see if you can get it to ring out more.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

Here is my entry for this month’s challenge!

I wanted to share for fun ‘n’ feedback and to share my progress, but would like to be excluded from the prize drawing because I literally won last month, lol. I am uke-fat now. The bamboo uke is beaut though!

Sorry that it literally sounds like I recorded this underwater. I need to step up my recording game… a lot.

Oh, also, Etude No. 5, is a lovely one! It took a while to learn.

Also also………………… Everyone did an amazing job this month! I watched all the entries; they’re all so good! πŸ˜€

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

This is what Etude No. 5 sounds like on the new uke! I was trying to be dramatic / funny, then messed up. But here it is.

jedart
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Here is my take on Fingerpicking Etude no. 13. I play much better without a camera πŸ˜‰

Best takeaway for me from this exercise, “look at the fret you are moving to”. Sometimes the simplest advice makes the biggest difference.

Thanks Andrew.

lhamilton
    Participant

Hi,

I tried The Explorer this month — it’s a really lovely piece! I tried using my thumb to fret the low strings but suspect my hand isn’t quite wide enough to do it since it hurt so I fiddled around with a different fingering.

Linda
    I am a premium member

suekulele
    Participant

Thank you so much, @Andrew! πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜ƒ

felixhchan
    Participant

Here’s my August member challenge entry. I am a premium member.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.