Participate in the December 2017 Member Challenge For Charity – Holiday Themed

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the December 2017 Member Challenge For Charity – Holiday Themed

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    lisadmh
    Participant

Here’s my shaky stab at Silent Night.

I donated $40. Happy strumming to children and adults everywhere.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by lisadmh.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by lisadmh. Reason: Link not working
    brettboy
    Participant

Thanks Andrew!

rickeymike
    Participant

Nice Lisa. I’m also going the strumming route. After my shaky start, I’ve progressed to bar 12.

chipkk

Hi Rickey,

for what it’s worth, I too am struggling with the same song and the finger picking. I am finding it helpful to ignore the finger picking and just run through the chords. Then start adding in the finger picking as the chord changes become more comfortable.

Of course you can say that approach is all bunk once I post a video of the results at the end of the month:)

ser_ser

Wish everyone have a great Chiristmas and happy new year.I made a small donation to children hope they could have their uke soon.

Hi Andrew, here is a practice piece. I have tried different of position and methods but just cannot do a Bb add6 with a little finger hammer on when my ring finger still on the fret.

rickeymike
    Participant

Hi Chip,

Glad to hear from a fellow struggler. Once I took Andrew’s advice and used tablature set to full page and synthetic, It fell into place with those extra notes. I set it at 75% and it worked great for me understanding the extra notes between words of the song. I’ve got to push myself on this one because my deadline is Christmas Eve instead of the end of month.

olphart
    Participant

leahwoosley, that looks like the same model Pono as mine..How are yo liking it? I love sound of mine, but I think it needs a setup, because it feels “tight”…I get sore fingers much faster on the Pono than on my Kala

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi Lisa, here is a video with some feedback for you 🙂 And thank you SO much for your donation!

—-

Hi ser_ser, here is a tip to help with that hammer-on/pull-off. And thank you for donating 🙂

—-

Rickey, great to hear! Looking forward to watching your performance!

lisadmh
    Participant

Uh-oh. I got a “good but”. ☺ Will work on fixing the timing. I like swing so prolly swing things when I shouldn’t. I’ll try to fix and repost. Thanks Andrew!

rickeymike
    Participant

LOL, Lisa
    Andrew wouldn’t be Andrew without a “good, but”. And that’s why we’re all here. Correct?

lisadmh
    Participant

Lol, too true Rickey. We’ll get this thing right with Andrew’s help. Take 78. 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

Lol 🙂 I’m like a mix of the nice and strict parent haha

chipkk

More like good cop – bad cop…….don’t change buddy. You have passion

leahwoosley

Olphart – I love my Pono… I got it through the Ukulele Site, so they did the set up on it. It’s a ETC-PC model. It’s my nicest quality instrument, so i like it/play it the most, but I don’t have that large of a collection. 😉 What brand of Kala do you have?

lisadmh
    Participant

Here’s my redo. It was a pretty easy fix, assuming I got it right, which is still an assumption.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.