Participate in the December 2017 Member Challenge For Charity – Holiday Themed

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the December 2017 Member Challenge For Charity – Holiday Themed

Viewing 10 posts - 91 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    kayleighb

Oh Deb I’m so sorry to hear that 😢 sending love, thoughts and prayers to you and your family xx

rickeymike
    Participant

Deb, so sorry for the loss of your sister. Hoping the new year brings you brighter days filled with uke fun.

Rickey

lisadmh
    Participant

So sorry Deb. Sending you lots of thoughts.

I’m glad the uke brings you a little fun through this hard time.

Andrew
    Keymaster

My deepest condolences Deb. I’ll keep your family in my prayers.

vidafntn
    Participant

Very sorry for your loss Deb. My condolences to you and your family. Remembering you in prayer. It was very courageous for you to post your performance at this difficult time. Hugs.

Andrew
    Keymaster

With only a few hours left until the New Year, we are sitting at 22 submissions. I’m going to bump up my donation to $125 and submit it to The UKC as this amount will cover the cost for 3 ukes @ $40 a piece.

I’ll be tallying up our donation amount soon and will leave feedback for the 4 submissions I haven’t yet 🙂 Big thanks to all for your generosity this month!

rickeymike
    Participant

My pledge was to donate one dollar for every entry. I’ve donated an even $40 instead.

Rickey

chipkk

Andrew by my calculations we are at: $633+$5+$125+$40=$$803. At $40 per Uje that means that because of your idea and the Rock Class 101 community we purchased 20.075 Ukes. Now I ask you, how do we stop at a .075 portion of a Uke? Somehow that sounds more like a promise of a Uke, but not one in the hands of a child. I donated an extra $37 so that we have made 21 children find music at a time when they need it most.

May all of us find the same joy and happiness in the New Year as these children and their families will find through your generosity.

Chip

Andrew
    Keymaster

Wow Chip! That is so very kind of you 🙂 As I had already factored in part of Rickey’s and my donation, the total amount we raised was slightly less than the figure you listed above.

Together we raised $737 for The Ukulele Kids Club. This was enough to purchase 18 ukuleles for the kids! Truly amazing! Thank you to everyone for your generosity.

—-

I also want to say a big thanks to all who participated this month. Overall we had 22 members participate! I enjoyed watching everyone’s performances. So, without further ado here is the winner of this month challenge:

null

Congrats! Please send me an email with five songs you would like me to arrange and I will pick the one that I think I could do the best 🙂

I’ve also left feedback below for those of you who I haven’t yet. Don’t forget to check out our January challenge. January’s theme is a fun one, you get to choose what you want to work on! Here is the link for the challenge: https://rockclass101.com/january-2018-challenge.

—-

surfpimp9er – excellent playing and feel! Great performance, keep up the good work!

ukuleleloo – sounds great! The only suggestion I have is to pluck the double 5 once more before it slides up to 6. I hope we get to hear the rest of the tune this December 🙂

mayaqatsi – thank you so much for donating! And I’m glad you joined one of our challenges 🙂 honestly, I thought you did a superb job! I can tell that you have been playing for awhile. I liked how when you went up to the higher voiced G chord, you changed the dynamic to be more subtle. It really emphasizes the louder section that happens after that. Very tasteful.

Since your camera recording distorted, it’s harder to tell if some parts were played too loud or if it’s just the recording. I’m thinking it’s just the recording, because nothing in your hands signals overly harsh hits. Your attack on the tapped harmonic looked fine to me. Sometimes it may just be the uke. Have you tried it on a different uke with more success?

Deb – mission accomplished, you definitely had fun! That was awesome! You know that version was inspired by Brian Setzer. I’m a huge Stray Cats fan and every year he goes on a holiday tour. Definitely recommend it if you’re into his music 🙂

zukulele

Thank you Andrew! I’m super excited! I emailed you the songs; I forgot to mention in the email that I’d like the songs be on an intermediate level.
    Thanks again, very much!

Viewing 10 posts - 91 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.