Participate in the December 2017 Member Challenge For Charity – Holiday Themed

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the December 2017 Member Challenge For Charity – Holiday Themed

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    rickeymike
    Participant

I congratulate you, Vida. That is one tough song you picked. Good job and Merry Christmas.

Rickey

awiealissa
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    Here is my entry for this month’ challenge 🎄☃️🎅🏼
    Had some problems with the timing but I practiced a lot and I think it is okay now.
    I’m going to donate too!

View this post on Instagram

Learned "Frosty the snowman" ☃️ for the @rockclass101 december challenge! He's teaming up with The ukulele kids club, a charity that supports hospital-based music therapy programs, and donates money for each entry in this challenge🎄👍🏼

A post shared by Alissa (@_awiealissa_) on

zukulele

Here is my entry of Jingle Bells

I took your advice Andrew and cleaned up the note buzzing. Thank you for showing us this great organization; contributed $20.

classicuke

Wow thank you for sharing information about this worthy cause. I have donated and tried to learn silent night as well. It fell apart a bit at the end but I’m happy to for the opportunity to try.

Happy Holidays!

rickeymike
    Participant

Here’s my challenge entry. Merry Christmas RockClass community.

Andrew
    Keymaster

I’m really happy to announce that we have surpassed our goal! We have now raised over $500! This is AMAZING! Thank you everyone 🙂

—-

Vida, bravo! While watching your performance, I couldn’t help but think just how much you have improved this year. It’s very inspiring! I think you did a tremendous job with this tune. The only minor thing I want to point out is that phrase in the Vamp loops 3 times, not 2. I’m looking forward to watching you progress even further in 2018! And thank you so much for your donation 🙂

—-

You rock Alissa! Here is a short video with some feedback for you 🙂 And thank you so much for donating!

—-

zukulele, flawless performance! Really beautiful playing, great job! And thank you so much for donating!

—-

classicuke, I thought you did very well! I don’t think it fell apart at all at the end. You have great form and the notes rang clearly. The only thing I would work on is tightening up the timing a little bit. I enjoyed your performance, keep up the good work 🙂 and thank you very much for donating!

—-

Rickey, wow! Huge improvement, that was beautiful! And it looks like you’ve got a big fan 🙂

benjamin
    Participant

Below are my 3 submissions on Christmas Eve.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

rickeymike
    Participant

Thanks, Benjamin. That was very nice. Merry Christmas!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Amazing Ben! You have such a bright future ahead of you 🙂 Keep up the great work!

chipkk

Not at all my best, but it’s Christmas evening and time to post to help boost the video count A Very Merry Christmas to all and may the New Year offer you enough challenges to keep you motivated, enough strife to keep you motivated, and enough love to overflow your heart. May it also be filled with music and laughter.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by chipkk.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Great job Chip! I hope everyone had the Merriest Christmas 🙂 Here is a short video with some tips for you. Let me know if you have any questions.

chipkk

Thanks Andrew, great tips. I tried learning that melody using multiple finger arrangements for the chords and notes, and often it just came out as something different the more i played it. Going through each chord or note change and thinking out the finger strategy is a great idea and something to work on.

Do you have a posting on hoe to upload the links to your forum pages. Try as I may to get my video directly on the forum page, I was only able to get the link posted.

Thanks again for the feedback and for promoting Ukulele Kids, Inc. The Rock Class 101 community will certainly help bring many smiles in the new year to children and families who need a smile and an uplifting tune.

Andrew
    Keymaster

My pleasure! Actually I need to add this to the challenge directions/FAQ, but all you have to do is paste the YouTube URL in its own line. For example:

YouTube Link

And it will auto-embed 🙂

cornishdpt
    Participant

Happy holidays Andrew and all of my fellow classmates,

Kind of hard finding time during the holidays with my schedule to practice, but I made it happen. Sry for the quality of the video this month but my only real free time was during my lunch at work. Yes, I keep my waterman uke at my office (glad that my co-workers put up with me). The neck is thicker than my cordoba, which makes playing a little difficult and not as clean as I would like.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by cornishdpt.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

That was awesome Cory! You did really well! That piece has some tricky chord movement. I too always thought it was difficult switching back and forth between instruments as neck profiles vary. And on that note, there’s always a bit of a learning curve when you get a new instrument. It was a bit odd when I got my Kanile’a at first since I’m used to beefier necks. But I grew to love it 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.