Participate in the December 2017 Member Challenge For Charity – Holiday Themed

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the December 2017 Member Challenge For Charity – Holiday Themed

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    lisamcc
    Participant

Hey everyone – Merry Christmas!
    Here is my attempt at We Three Kings. It’s not perfect but I think my family need to hear me practice something else!!!
    I’ve donated $40 USD.

Thank you for a great challenge Andrew! I’ve now been playing for exactly a year and I’m looking forward to the next challenges!
    😉

rickeymike
    Participant

Merry Christmas, Lisa. Great Job. I’ll be good as you are by next Christmas!

lisamcc
    Participant

That’s kind – thanks Rickey!

andracass
    Participant

No time to study, but I wanted to participate. I have already donated.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Wow, thank you so much for your donation Lisa! And great job playing 🙂 here is a short little video with some tips for you. Let me know if you have any questions.

—-

Very smooth MT! But, there is one important thing that I want to point out about your performance, and you are the second person to do this for this month’s challenge, which is to perform the song in 4/4 instead of 3/4. Check out this post for advice and a video that I left to help Lisa with this. Let me know if you have any questions. And thank you for donating!!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Another member has anonymously donated $50 🙂 This brings our total amount raised up to $633! Amazing!

lisamcc
    Participant

Thanks Andrew, really helpful advice…thank you. I was really aware of galloping fingers but just couldn’t slow down… a bit like losing control running downhill! I’ll try and even myself out. I left my metronome at home, but that usually helps… I also get really nervous recording which is ridiculous as I can do lots of retakes..last month at one point I was playing Mr Sandman at club remix speed every time I turned on the camera! This has been a great challenge Andrew…. thank you 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

LOL @ Club remix speed!

chipkk

Hi Andrew, with just a few days left in the month how many more submissions do we need to reach your goal?

Andrew
    Keymaster

We are at 18 submissions Chip. The goal was 50, so it doesn’t look like we will hit it. BUT, that doesn’t matter because the real goal was to raise $500 for the kids and we are well over that at $633. This communities generosity is amazing!

chipkk

I certainly agree, at $40 per Uke our donations are putting at least 15 Ukes in the hands of children in need of music. What a great way to start 2018. Nice work Andrew and the Rock Class Community.

surfpimp9er

I really enjoyed watching and listening to the other submissions. Here is my stab at Jingle Bells.

ukuleleloo
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I missed the November challenge. Didn’t get as much practice time for the December challenge as I would have liked. There are several transitions I’m still working on smoothing out. Still have trouble moving up and down the neck smoothly. Here is my video of this month’s challenge. I will also be donating $5 to The Ukulele Kids Club. Hope everyone is well and enjoying the holidays. Happy New Year!

mayaqatsi
    Participant

Andrew, what an awesome AWESOME idea to get us all involved in a wonderful (and topical) cause! Donated (only saying it so you know the positive impact you are having and perhaps a drop to also maintain the ripple in the pool of donating spirit) — AND it gave me motivation to also participate in my first ever challenge (thanks to you donating/entry & getting the shop to match 🙂 )

Got pointers for consistency (tone, rhythm, coordination 😛 the whole lot 🙁 sigh!!!) and focus? Even when I go slow, my playing is not tight….Still having probs with the tapped harmonics…which I only get ringing the very odd time when playing….a bit more success when just sitting around tapping, but even then….

Just want to also thank you for the wonderful lessons/philosophy/teaching style — exactly what I wanted out of learning an instrument. I got my ukelele this spring (here playing a friend’s, though), and because of you I feel like I’m making loads of progress and overcoming my usual frustrations. YOU ROCK

Happy holidays and a wonderful New Year to everyone!
    gj

debber90
    Participant

Hey Andrew…here it is the last day of the year…December was a hard month for me…my sister passed away suddenly. So my work on this song got derailed. But, I wanted to post it anyway. So here goes and thank you for this forum.

Deb

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.