Participate in the December 2017 Member Challenge For Charity – Holiday Themed

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the December 2017 Member Challenge For Charity – Holiday Themed

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    lisadmh
    Participant

They purchase ukes for $40? Then I’ll donate $40 as soon as I get a song presentable. How many ukes can we get them, team rockclass101?

Andrew
    Keymaster

Thank you for your donation James! And wow Rickey! Thank you!

brettboy
    Participant

Hi Andrew! Wonderful theme this month. I’ve been working on your Frosty the Snowman arrangement for a while now and today I’m ready to toss my hat in the ring. I made a couple of detours from your original but I think it still features all the parts and style points that you tried to teach. (Let me know if I’m wrong ’bout that!) Thanks!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Wow Brett, that was really cool! Really jazzes it up and I’m taking you wrote the middle section and the ending too. Well done! The only thing I would point out is the taps on the body after the intro. The rhythm seemed a bit relaxed, maybe tighten that up. But, wow that was awesome! I’ll be sharing this on our FB page tomorrow 🙂

charley
    Participant

Andrew,
    This is a great idea and I have donated $25. I gave my six year old grandson a bright orange Kala uke for his birthday and while he’s not quite ready to listen to instruction/suggestions, he loves the idea of playing and carries his uke around strumming the international mute chord. Here’s to great tunes coming from the ukes of all these kids!
    Lesley

Andrew
    Keymaster

So sweet of you, thank you Lesley! 🙂

leahwoosley

Just recently found your website and having a blast with the different arrangements. A worthy cause.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by leahwoosley.
    ultramom
    Participant

Hi, here is my entry. This is the second song I learn (the first one is “our first song” ha ha). It’s quite challenging to me 🙂

rickeymike
    Participant

That was great, mom. I’m still on the first 4 bars. I guess you are not called Ultra Mom for nothing!

Rickey

kayleighb

Progress report. I’m learning baby it’s cold outside as I figured how hard would it be to sing and play? Well turns out its blooming difficult. Ive memorised the music, can play all the way through with only minor stumbling blocks. But as soon as I put vocals on top it all goes to pieces. Feeling super frustrated 😔

Andrew
    Keymaster

Leah, that was awesome! Well played 🙂 1 tip for you, try to not bend your first knuckle when fretting notes. The majority of our playing involves us fretting notes with the fingertip. So watch out for that and keep those fingers curved.

I have to say, I really enjoyed your performance and I’m happy that you found us!

—-

ultramom, bravo! Way to go on your second song 🙂 I’m very impressed with you, keep doing what you’re doing! One thing I noticed that I want to point out is your form on the barre chord. Try to keep that index finger completely straight and double check that your form is correct. Check out this lesson for help with form on barre chords. Let me know if you have any questions.

—-

Kay, here is my helpful tip for working on coordinating singing and playing at the same time:

—-

And wow guys! We had another member donate anonymously which now brings our total up to $374 raised for the charity 🙂 this is amazing!

edward
    Participant

Andrew, I did contribute $10 to the Ukes for Kids fund raiser. But will not be contributing a video. I am practicing and will jump back in in January. Happy Holidays to all and Keep on pickin. Ed

ultramom
    Participant

Rickey, thanks :)

Andrew, thanks for your comments. I‘ll work on the barre chord!

leahwoosley

I’ll be more cognizant of my fingertip placement. Guess I never really paid much attention before, as long as the string was held down and the notes rang out true. 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

Thank you Edward 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.