Participate in the December 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the December 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 200 total)
  • Author
    kidelozzi
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Happy Holidays everyone and great playing! Here is my submission of My Favorite Things. This one was very challenging. I still have some work to do to really get this one down, but this was the best take that I could muster (out of many attempts).

A sincere thank you to Rock Class 101 for a wonderful year of learning and growing!

P.S. I made a $100 donation to The Ukulele Kids Club

Andrew
    Keymaster

We’ve SMASHED through our participation goal of 72 members! So I went ahead and made our donation of $500 to The UKC today 🙂

This means we’ve also SMASHED our fundraising goal and have now raised $2,540 for the charity! AMAZING!

Let’s set a new goal and go for $2,750!

P.S. The Kanile’a winner will be announced tomorrow at 12PM EST at the link below:

Friendly Reminder – The deadline for receiving feedback and an entry into the giveaway is tonight at 11:59 PM EST (check your local time zone).

themccoys
    Participant

I am a premium member!

Not a singer here, but love this song. Happy holidays y’all!

patdrehu
    Participant

Thanks Steven for your feedback ! Yes, one of my goals for 2022 is to improve my tempo and using metronome… Merry Christmas for all the RockClass101 team !
    Ps : I’ve made a (small) donation for UKC…

biancak
    Participant

I am a premium member

Here is my quick no practice submission as I had zero time this month but didn’t want to break the habit of submitting every month. Thank you and the team for a great year of learning and improving!
    Merry Christmas!

stinyuke

Here is my version of Sevivon, Sov Sov Sov. These challenges push me to learn a song in a definit amount of time which is great. I guess I could have played a better version with more practice…

Merry Christmas to all.

A big THANK YOU to Andrew and all the great teachers here on Rockclass! You’re all so inspiring!

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER!

I’ve donated 50$ to the Ukulele Kids Club.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Here are the folks on page 10 we hadn’t gotten to yet.

rockster – Great playing, Rocco! And thank you for the kind words. I want you to try playing along with the tab player (in synthetic mode with the metronome on). Take 4 or 8 bar sections at a time and try to match your playing to it. The playback will act as a guide to help keep you locked in and strengthen your timing.

richard_siegert – Well done, Richard! One melody change: For the third bar, which plays out of A minor, you want to vamp on the E string, not the A string.

A couple times you messed up a little section and then restarted. Always play through your mistakes. Pretend like you’re performing with a band, if you mess up, they don’t stop, they keep going.

Now that you have your performance recorded, it’s always great to go back and note where you struggled. Because then you can target your practice in those areas.

ukealori – I loved your performance, Lori! And don’t worry about the nerves, it hits all of us when we hit record. I noticed there were a couple tricky chord transitions, so just target practice on those spots. But great job overall, keep up the good work!

smudge
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Happy Holidays! Loved this version of Rudolph. I played it with a low G. I will work on speeding it up!!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by smudge.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@patdrehu – Thank you so much for the donation! Please send me an email with the amount so I can update our tally 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

Here’s everyone on page 11 so far.

kidelozzi – Brilliant take, Steve! And your Kanile’a sounds incredible! You’re playing was excellent throughout. But there is one section that I would suggest altering. When you get to the chorus, the rhythms change a bit as it introduces half notes and quarter note rests. So watch out for that change in feel as it’s more drawn out.

Thank you so much for your generous donation!! 🙂

themccoys – You should definitely sing more, Emily! What a lovely take. Great job this month!

biancak – Beautiful playing! My only suggestion is to slow the tempo down a little bit. This is one of those songs that I think breathes better at a moderate pace.

stinyuke – I thought you played it beautifully! This song has such a great melody that it never feels like work to practice more 🙂

Thank you so much for the kind words and for your generous donation!

smudge – I actually really like the pace that you played it at. And the fills you through in, love them! I also have to say great job with the swing feel. Such a cheerful take, well done!

rufio0

Hello beautiful people, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all !!!

I am a premium member.

Here is my video.

celia21
    Participant

Hi everyone,

here is my recording of Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer.

Best wishes and Merry Christmas

sarahd
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here’s my best Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, done late at night whilst still trying to ice the cake, wrap presents and make a gingerbread house – argh! I’d love to be able to do “Last Christmas” next Christmas!

And @bethany_guardiani What a lovely idea, that’s so nice of you! Your keychains are awesome, you might just have to show me how to make them! 🙂

Merry Christmas everyone!

henri0
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Last Christmas

Obvious that I’ve got some of it down a lot better than the rest, in part because I’ve been laid low by the virus of the moment 🙄 Really wanted to get my current state of play in so that this month was not a total write off! So much fun and looking forward to getting it down more.

I will contact the UK branch of the charity and let you know amount when done ✔

Have a good holiday all and stay well

morrieuke1
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    I wish I had more time on this one…
    I will be spending more time polishing this the next few days. Boy, another great arrangement by Steven Warren-awesome man!
    Andrew, do I get an extra entry for the ugly VH sweater (which is actually NOT ugly lol)?!
    I hope everyone has a beautiful, safe and healthy holiday 🙂
    Mike

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 200 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.