Participate in the February 2018 Member Challenge – Blues Themed!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the February 2018 Member Challenge – Blues Themed!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi Deb, just asked Stephen. I think he’ll pop on here with an answer for you soon 🙂

marius
    Participant

Hi guys

I have been playing Ukelele for just over a month and been a member of Rock Class 101 for the same duration.

I am psyched to join the challenge for the first time…some Grean Tea for me please!

Cheers from sunny South Africa

kayleighb

Can I please ask a stupid question? In Uke Blues, what strumming pattern do you use? I’m worse at strumming than finger style 😉 so not quite able to work it out and the tutorial is very brief!

lisadmh
    Participant

I had a head start on this as I’ve been poking away at it for a while. Gawsh I love playing the blues on this little guy. More blues please Andrew ☺

The good news is this is the first time I haven’t cheated on any of the hammer ons and pull offs. The bad news is that some are rather faint. That last lick almost gave me blisters as I looped it during the super bowl.

Constructive feedback is more than welcone!

I think I need me some Green Tea now.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hey Kay, it’s a tiny variation on “island strum”. Only difference is an extra strum on the & of 1. Check out Cynthia’s lesson on IS strum, here:

Lisa, next week’s lesson is a Jazz blues that Stephen wrote; full band concept lesson. It’s super cool!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Oh, Kay also don’t forget the rhythm has a swung eighth note feel. Here’s an extra lesson on that:

Stephen

Hey jakeypoo, great playing! All the shifts and higher frets are certainly a challenge…especially since the melody shifts on the pinky sometimes. Practice those transitions slow when you have time, and you’ll be playing it even smoother than you already are! A cup of tea never hurts, too! 😉

Stephen

Hi Deb,
    I love that you’re into the U-Bass! I just started a Patreon for extra U-Bass transcriptions and lessons. I put the transcription of my electric bass part arranged for U-bass on there. I also added a simpler, straight-forward bass line tonight that you can play over Green Tea as well. I hope this helps! https://www.patreon.com/stephencoxbass

Andrew
    Keymaster

Great job Lisa! Here are some tips for ya 🙂

lisadmh
    Participant

A couple months ago you told me I was swinging too much on another song and now I’m not swinging enough. There’s just no pleasing some people! 🙂

Thank you Andrew. I’m listening back to my take and I can hear everything you’re saying. I can follow the rhythm on the tab play along (except the final lick) but I slip without it. I’ll keep working on it! Great feedback.

abaluyot
    Participant

Thanks for posting your feedback on video — it was very, very, helpful.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Thanks guys! Glad it helped 🙂

brettboy
    Participant

Hi Ukulele Friends. I’ve been learning Ukulele Boogie this month. It’s tricky but it’s really fun to play! I can now play it slow and accurate or fast and sloppy. It’s far from perfect but here is my best attempt at playing it both fast and accurate!

rickeymike
    Participant

Go on, Boogie Man. You got it!

lisadmh
    Participant

I love it, Brett! Boogie on. I aspire to where you’re at.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.