Participate in the February 2019 Member Challenge – Music Reading Course!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the February 2019 Member Challenge – Music Reading Course!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 158 total)
  • Author

I like to post around my monthly anniversaries. Yesterday makes 9 months and I’m working on Bourée. After missing a week of practice being in bed, I’m almost ready to post. One more glitch though, I’m on vacation with my little travel soprano and my low G is at home. I can still practice, but I will save the recording for the right uke, before month’s end. However, yay for vacations.

lyndallk
    Participant

Thanks huckfine and Rickeymike. Glad you listened.

morrieuke1
    Participant

Here is my submission for the February Member Challenge (complete with my daughters dancing-those ballet lessons are paying off! :o)

Morrieuke1, that’s impressive! It’s hard enough to record without a ballet recital and a Disney princess dancing on one’s shoulder. Yet, you stayed on track. Killer!

incywincy
    Participant

My challenge entry, Ode to Joy.

becky7777
    Participant

Morrieuke – 💖Cutest entry I’ve ever seen! You played great too lol! TOTALLY Pro at playing with distractions and even talking at the same time.💖

Sprinting- Love that pineapple uke chilling on the beach! It’s in it’s natural environment!😁

Inywincy- Great playing! 💛💛

Ok I guess I suddenly had an emoji moment but they fit the bill lol!

rickeymike
    Participant

Incy – most impressive!

Morrie – I’ll call you “Job” as in “the patience of” That was a fun video.

lyndallk
    Participant

Mike I don’t know how you keep playing with such distraction. And keep in time and play with great technique. I couldn’t hold it together when a helicopter went over head!

incywincy
    Participant

Thanks Becky and Rickey! I’m right at my limit of translating written notes onto the uke fretboard, and my video skills just about match my uke playing level. lol.

Lynda I’m the same with distractions. Mike, you did an amazing job!

laurasil
    Participant

Ode to Joy 🙂

morrieuke1
    Participant

Sprintingyogini, becky7777, Rickeymike, Lyndallk, incywincy thank you all! I’m surprised I didn’t mess up more as well lol. It is nice to be a part of this online uke community, where everyone is so helpful and supportive!

planetfink
    Participant

I already submitted Greensleeves, so don’t count this one for the challenge. It has a lot of stumbles and my picado falls apart because of the speed. I really can’t play it at 100% but I wanted to give it a try. It was fun trying to keep up and at least I ended in the right place :).

annefgodfrey
    Participant

Here is Melody B.
    Andrew, I am giving my all & will keep going. Great submissions everyone!

becky7777
    Participant

Nice Anne! ✨🎶✨ Almost there!

Planetfink- Great job, and yeah I am having a hard time at 100%

I have this elaborate pointless artsy secondary idea I’m probably just wasting time on for the challenge, but what’s in my head and what I can actually make happen aren’t exactly going to plan for a lot of reasons.

I do wish I had better software now, that could do some extra things, but can’t afford it yet. (Trying to do some of the things manually that I’m thinking of is really hard because I still don’t know what i’m particularly doing to make it happen..) My nephew thinks i’m losing it I think, and my one friend is all excited about the idea and is trying to help me with no-tech solutions because he hates computers.

Sigh. To sum all that up. I agree it’s fun…

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by becky7777.
    coffeemug
    Participant

Hi, all.

I know the basics of reading music from playing the saxophone and piano in my younger days, but hadn’t learn to translate notes on the staff to the uke fretboard–so this was a welcome challenge.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 158 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.