Participate in the February 2021 Member Challenge – Theme: Mixed Bag!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the February 2021 Member Challenge – Theme: Mixed Bag!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 158 total)
  • Author
    myukemylife
    Participant

Ready to do it where can I find the songs we can play??

robinboyd
    Participant

Hi @myukemylife. Click on the songs where they are listed in the first post and a link will take you to the lesson page.

lisadmh
    Participant

@Andrew, how do I get rid of string noise here, at the chord change? Into the Maze.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by lisadmh.
    marianne
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

I am learning ‘Take Five’ and I have a soprano uke with the shortest neck.
    I was wondering if it would be possible, rather than play Melody B completely up top which is almost outside the neck, to play the scale down on the equivalent notes? it sounds really strangled otherwise.

Thanks!
    Marianne

Andrew
    Keymaster

@lisadmh – try not to lift completely off the strings. If you can touch them lightly (same as if muting) when transitioning, it should cut down on the noise.

@marianne
    – Sure, fine with me 🙂

marianne
    Participant

thanks @Andrew!

cinichol
    Participant

@Andrew and all teachers–thank you so much for these awesome songs, and last month’s songs, and the month’s before that!! I can’t frapping keep up with my job schedule, but I’m going to continue working on Foo Fighters and then both Satie and Brubeck even if I’m way behind…

Those three artists are special to me, so I can’t thank you enough. Not only does this site give me the best general resources for learning uke, it gives me the best songs and the best arrangements and the best lessons and the best teachers and the best community!

debb1985

I have been practicing Gymnopédie No. 1 since it was posted back in January. One of my favorite pieces of music. I had to splice on my ending because our baby monitor turned on and interupted me, but here it is!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by debb1985.
    marianne
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here is Take Five! it was fun to learn. Thanks for this lovely arrangement:

effortless

Here’s my go at take 5! Thanks as always for the great lessons and arrangements!

cashmpe
    Participant

Wow. That was really great. Nice job!

lisadmh
    Participant

I slowed it down for you, @Andrew. I’ve never had to slow a song down before!

Thanks for the feedback. I think this is better and more consistently in time…?

themccoys
    Participant

@lindallk nice play! And how did you build your uke?😍

brettboy
    Participant

Hi Uke Friends. I learned 2 Chord Jam (no.2) this month! It’s tons of fun. Thanks Andrew!

taylor22jane
    Participant

@brettboy nice jamming, I love your energy!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 158 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.