Participate in the February 2022 Member Challenge – Theme: Strumming Songs!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the February 2022 Member Challenge – Theme: Strumming Songs!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    zongozongo

Hi all.
    I picked Wouldn’t It Be Nice. It was lot of fun 🙂
    I am a PREMIUM

Happy practicing,
    Nicolas

Andrew
    Keymaster

@zongozongo – Great job on the feel and vibe of this tune! Only thing I’d say is to work on timing and keeping it steady. Try playing along with a metronome or switching the tab player to “synthetic” mode. Tackle one theme at a time.

taylor22jane
    Participant

Ok this was a fun challenge! One of those where it takes awhile for the strumming to feel natural, but as soon as it clicks you can’t remember why it was ever so difficult, ha. Just took a few days of sleeping on it 🙂

Anyone else wish it was summer yet?

-T

Andrew
    Keymaster

@taylor22jane – Beautifully played, Taylor! Great job on nailing the change in feels too. And yes, I could use a summer day just about now LOL

bibilele
    Participant

I think now my husband understands why I need different ukues. 😉 Bar 3 worked quite well with the soprano. So here is “Wouldn’t it be nice”.

katazumiri
    Participant

Hello everyone!

I’d like some blues this month, I thought to myself.
    And look, there is “Beginner Blues Strumming” 🙂

Well! But I would like it with U-Bass and drums…
    I found some ideas for U-Bass in Stefen’s “5 Essential Blues Bass Lines in 5 Minutes”.
    And drums from wikiloops “Blues backing track 12099” by voodooking (wikiloops public-license). It was too long, I shortened it.

So, here is “Blues in A”

Have a nice day!

annemarie
    Participant

Fun! Sounded terrific!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@bibilele – Next time he asks how many you need, just say: YES! lol

Bravo on the performance, well played!

@katazumiri
    – I loved it! So much fun 🙂

bibilele
    Participant

@Andrew YES! I will. LOL Thank you!

karenj
    Participant

Here’s my version of Daybreak. I really enjoyed learning this lovely song. It reminds me of sunshine, birds chirping, and gentle morning breezes rather than the reality of the ice and howling winds that have been outside my window these days. I wish my tone was as lovely as Andrews, which is something I am working on and this was the best of my million takes.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Take care,
    Karen

Andrew
    Keymaster

@karenj – Excellent timing throughout! It was great overall! You played it with a lovely feel. Only tip I have is to focus your practice on the pull-off licks in bar 9. Slow the tempo down to practice getting them a little bit cleaner.

But again, well done Karen! Keep up the great work 🙂

maryjanew
    Participant

I am a Premium member

I wanted to do crossing hemispheres but I hadn’t done the strumming course yet,
    AND I really need to. This is a short month with lots of “work” commitments and I knew I would not have time.
    So I picked the “Beginning Blues Strumming” song.
    I am going to work through the full strumming course before attempting the other
    Advanced songs.
    I am using the tab viewer in a metronome mode (still not great with it!🤪)

ccwuke
    Participant

Here’s my recording of Wouldn’t it be Nice

Chris

misterbones
    Participant

Here’s my Crossing Hemispheres rendition

ukandrea
    Participant

Wouldn’t it be nice to play a Beach Boys song on a sweet pineapple?

As you might see I have problems holding it tightly as I normally play tenor with strap, where I can play this song flawlessly.
    Still I decided to post this version to get advice and as I thought the song fits better to that uke. I am permanently tuning her for three days now, but she still gets out of tune also during playing one song. I hope this will get better or she will not be really usable.

Andrea

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.