Participate in the February 2022 Member Challenge – Theme: Strumming Songs!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the February 2022 Member Challenge – Theme: Strumming Songs!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    lisadmh
    Participant

I’m not a natural strummer, but it is good for me to practice. Nice song.

mark1256
    Participant

I am a Premium member

Crossing Hemispheres
    This was way over my head but I am pretty happy with the results. A little slow and yes I know I repeated the pulse mute progression (accidentally).

lisamcc
    Participant

Hey all, not quite there, but loving this challenge. Awesome composition Matt.
    Hope you are all safe. X

brettboy
    Participant

Hi Uke Friends!

Here is my attempt at Crossing Hemispheres. Thanks Matt and RC101 for all the great lessons!

nelsonlin2021
    Participant

Hello RockClass101,

I’m a premium member and this is my third monthly challenge. Glad to have kept it up so far.

I learned a few new techniques this month including the swing rhythm and offbeat strumming and the lovely Beach Boys arrangement by Matt.

My submission still has quite a few mistakes here and there and I would appreciate feedbacks on the areas I can improve the tone and rhythm.

gi_gi_
    Participant

My attempt at Crossing Hemispheres. Thanks so much for the strumming class. Amazing info and teaching… I enjoyed everyone’s submissions.

ukule_lise
    Participant

I picked ‘Wouldn’t it be nice’ this month and it was fun to learn!

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

smokealot
    Participant

Crossing Hemispheres!
    Fun to play!

evapaju

Hello!
    Here is my February submission- “Crossing Hemispheres”, slow and bit clumsy but I`m quite happy, because it was real challenge for me. I absolutely love the tune and grateful to Matt for very professional and easy to follow lessons from Next Level Strumming course. Ghost note technique is so cool, especially with sweep strum 🙂 !

kpurdy
    Participant

I am a premium member.

I did the Beginner Blues Strumming lesson. It’s not very smooth but I enjoyed learning a new strumming technique and practicing until it was somewhat natural. Thank you for the lesson and any feedback you can give me!

Hi all,

I tried the beginner’s blues, recording a performance without too much hiccups was challenging, sheesh!

Best wishes,
    Herbert

leslieb
    Participant

Premium member

Well, while I wanted to post my rendition of “Wouldn’t It Be Nice”, it just isn’t nice enough to share. I enjoyed trying both the 12 bar blues and the “nice” song. These challenges are both fun and motivating. Keeps me focused. I did better at the blues, so…drum roll please…

Thank you for listening. Hope you are all enjoying some sunshine in between snow storms.

Life is good,
    Leslie

ajk101

I went with Daybreak this month – very beautiful song!

I have some work to do on it yet but the month is almost up. I am pausing between passages a little less than the previous challenge, but still an area to improve.

I will pass on the contest this month – I could use the lesson to be sure but I am not a Skype user.

lhamilton
    Participant

Hi,

This month I tried Crossing Hemispheres —

Linda
    I’m a Premium Me,ber

wongbrown

Hi all, I have been away for a few months. Lots of catching up on ukulele practice. I am submitting Crossing Hemispheres. I think I need to slow down and build up the speed and work on better strumming technique. Anyway here it is.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.