Participate in the February 2022 Member Challenge – Theme: Strumming Songs!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the February 2022 Member Challenge – Theme: Strumming Songs!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    ldarrow
    Participant

@stephen thanks so much for listening and your helpful comments. I think with a little more time I will have it down. My time this month was divided. Last month I was so inspired by the many performances of St James Infirmary, that I wanted to learn it. So have been working on that as well as Daybreak. I’ll continue with this to both improve transitions and pull off

mademoiselleannette
    Participant

Hi guys!
    Strumming is not my strong suit and I consider myself a strumming beginner, so for this month’s challenge, I chose Beginner Blues Strumming.

lhamilton
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve already submitted but I’ve been working in an intro to Wouldn’t it be Nice and wanted to share it though I’m not sure it’s very good. The intro is normally in what sounds like a calliope so I tried to aim for something slightly out of tune.

Linda

puppylovesuke
    Participant

Wouldn’t it be nice

Wouldn’t it be nice not to have messed this one up; God only knows it doesn’t do Brian Wilson Justice :(.

Premium member.

joe150
    Participant

mkstewart67
    Participant

I am a premium member. sorry its so late, just wanted to share!

Thank you Stephen! I understand the pointer you gave, I find it hard to shift from strum to pluck, time to practice some more. 🙂
    All the best!

henri0
    Participant

@puppylovesuke you’re kidding, right? I was waiting for a hilarious mess, but it was beautiful. I really loved this performance. I think Brian would like it too, he’s a kind, inclusive musician!

lisadmh
    Participant

@Stephen: I hear the break from the rhythm at that one spot now. Thank you for pointing it out — I didn’t hear it before. I will fix it!

biancak
    Participant

Thanks, Andrew, for the feedback.
    You are correct, some notes got rushed or were too short giving some wobbliness within bars… I was just glad being able to piece the 4 different parts together (as I practiced them separately for the first weeks) and play them at a similar pace. But I could also hear the unevenness that you mentioned… 🙁
    That is something that I can spot only when listening back to my recording but that doesn’t mean I can immediately correct it, too…

smokealot
    Participant

@Andrew: noted, thanks a lot!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Here’s the rest of the feedback we haven’t gone to yet 🙂

seoulkim – Here’s my feedback for you and the video I referenced.

mac1984 – Great job on the timing, feel and rhythms! Well done 🙂

mademoiselleannette – Here’s my feedback for you 🙂

lhamilton – Lovely playing, Linda!

puppylovesuke – That was a beautiful performance, David! I’d even say it’s the best performance I’ve heard from you to date. Well done!!

@joe150
    – Says your video is private. Can you change it to public?

mkstewart67 – Beautifully played, I enjoyed watching your performance 🙂

joe150
    Participant

I changed my video to public.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@joe150 – Sounds great, Joe! I would suggest to keep practicing with the tab player. 50% speed is okay to do. Work on 4 bars at a time and boost tempo gradually. You’re making great progress, keep up the good work!

Andrew
    Keymaster

We had 43 members participate this month! Stephen and I were blown away by everyone’s performances! Great job everyone! 🙂

This month’s prize is 2 hour long Skype lessons, one taught by Stephen and the other by me. So without further ado, the winners are:

null

null

null

Our March Challenge is LIVE: https://rockclass101.com/march-2022-challenge. We’ve got a FUN Theme for this month and YOU get to pick the PRIZE! Hope to see everyone in the challenge!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.