Participate in the February 2023 Member Challenge: WIN Ohana Pequeno Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the February 2023 Member Challenge: WIN Ohana Pequeno Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 134 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@shmu88 – Excellent playing, Sam!

samash07
    Participant

Bringing the funk on! Still not my best performance but I figured it’s time to tackle intermediate tunes in monthly challenges. Been fixated on beginner ones for eternity now.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@samash07 – That rocked, Sam! I def think you’re ready for the more challenging tunes 🙂

mkstewart67
    Participant

@katazumiri – that was so awesome, I Loved it.

samash07
    Participant

Thanks Andrew, your words gave me more confidence to do exactly that! 🙂

mepasha
    Participant

Hi Andrew,
    Thanks for doing another great challenge. Here’s my entry into the contest using a submission for the beginner level Mini Lesson 002.

Cheers!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@mepasha – Great playing 👏

misterbones
    Participant

Here’s my take on the country riff, or shall I say my 12 takes. I had some fun with iReal Pro, created a backing track and played around with some of the many styles they offer. Of course I played the exact same thing in the same tempo over and over again and let the AI do all the variations. I had a lot of fun doing this, hope you have some fun listening to some of it. I won’t blame anyone for not listening to the whole thing though.
    Once again, please exclude me from the prize drawing this month. If anyone wonders why I ask for being excluded so frequently, I live in Germany and already have enough ukes, so there’s really no point in shipping one overseas to me in case I’m the lucky winner. I particpiate in these challenges mostly because they’re fun and help me improve my playing.

gstriph
    Participant

Hi – here’s this month’s entry. Thank you for all you do, Andrew.

Jerry

bibilele
    Participant

Hi guys,
    I did the Celtic etude for fretting with the thumb. My first mini lesson by the way, should have tried one earlier, they are really cool.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER (because if I weren’t I feel like I’d actually be doing something [even more] wrong with how obnoxious I am…)

I attempted the Country Riff. This is definitely outside my comfort zone because of the speed and it’s not a style I’ve played in a lot. It’s still imperfect and it may take a while to get the speed, but it’s at least okay-ish now.

Also, I am working on trying to get better at recording, so I’m including me having too much fun playing this riff with the effects of a program I was using, and it’s janky and awkward as can be. 😂

katazumiri
    Participant

@Andrew and @mkstewart67 Thanks a lot! 🙂

kelsey91
    Participant

Hi everyone! I’m a premium member. Entering the challenge this month – hoping to win this uke for my twin! 😁 The small uke is so cute. I learned this and memorized this in only about a few days. I told her I needed more practice but she just took out her phone and recorded 😄
    Also this is my tenor uke and first time trying a low G. anyway hope you like it and cross your fingers for her!

ldarrow
    Participant

I missed January challenge due to broken finger/hand injury. Thought that once I am out of the splint and rehabbing my fingers that playing might help. Right now my fingers are curving odd directions when bent so don’t know how well playing will go in the future. So, I bought a relatively inexpensive soprano thinking the string tension might be less, and stretch may be less and I can ease back into things. Well it arrived sooner than I thought (before getting out of the splint) and I could not resist. So, here is my version of “Navigating the Fretboard”—-“With One Finger”

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by ldarrow.
    terryfallon3
    Participant

Hello,

I worked on the Celtic Etude this month. It was a lot of fun and a great chance to work on a new technique.

Andrew, your mini-lessons are always challenging and intro new techniques that would never occur to me. Love them. This one was a great study with a lovely tune.

Terry

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 134 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.