Participate in the January 2021 Member Challenge – Theme: Levels (Beg/Int/Adv)

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the January 2021 Member Challenge – Theme: Levels (Beg/Int/Adv)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@juleshere – Beautifully played! Only thing I’d suggest is to work on the transition from the strumming back into fingerpicking. See if you can get it a little faster, so there’s no gap in the timing. And TY for the kind words, much appreciated!

gmflin8
    Participant

Aloha everyone

Here is my submission for this month’s challenge. This piece is deceivingly easy but challenging to get every note clean and to the beat 🙂

kirpuff
    Participant

I really enjoyed this arrangement. Unfortunately, I don’t think I’m going to get a take where I don’t rush or mess up one of the three parts so I better submit before I drive my family insane 🙂

Oh, and I received my Taimane goodies last week and they are the coolest. I meant to show them in the video but I forgot! Thanks again, Andrew and Taimane!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@gmflin8 – well done, Grace! Friendly reminder, don’t forget to tune up before recording. So the one area I’d work on is to not pull down on the C string in the strumming section. We always want the strings to remain parallel, so that the note doesn’t turn sharp. In a previous feedback video this month, I talked about that for another member. So you may want to check that out if you want some extra tips 🙂

@kirpuff
    – Glad you dig the goodies, Sara! Performance was great! My only suggestion is to throw in a few staccato hits in that first melody section. I think it sounds cool to have a melodic blend of sustain and staccato. Keep up the great work!

kirpuff
    Participant

Ill try that! Thanks, Andrew!

ratedpgwc

Hi! This is my first time trying one of the monthly challenges, so here is my recording of “Our First Song.” Thanks for the incentive to set a goal and work towards it!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@ratedpgwc – Well done! Here’s my feedback for you 🙂

pippin105

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@pippin105 – well done, Linda! Keep up the great work 🙂

joe150
    Participant

My song is my first song.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@joe150 – Well done, Joe! Here’s my feedback for youu 🙂

milky1312
    Participant

Hi Andrew😁😁😎😎!!!!!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@milky1312 – Well done! One thing I’d work on is lightening your right hand attack. A lighter pluck and strum will produce a softer, sweeter tone. Check out this live lesson that Matt taught. He dives deeper into this concept.

milky1312
    Participant

Thanks, @Andrew for the feedback. I will work on that….😊😊😊.

brettboy
    Participant

Hi Ukulele Friends. Happy New Year!

I’m a premium member. Santa Fe was a fun tune to study this month! (I’m also really enjoying Take Five!) Here’s my best Santa Fe for the monthly Challenge!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.