Participate in the January 2021 Member Challenge – Theme: Levels (Beg/Int/Adv)

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the January 2021 Member Challenge – Theme: Levels (Beg/Int/Adv)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    tsetsova

I’M A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here’s my entry for this month’s challenge with Our First Song. I was actually really excited for Santa Fe but I knew I won’t have time to learn it properly.

Hope everyone’s having a decent start to the new year!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by tsetsova.
    isabelm
    Participant

Got BOTH my parents to join me for this month’s challenge 🙂 Been practicing Everlong but knew I wouldn’t finish it by the end of the month. Great song!

gmflin8
    Participant

@isabelm what a lovely family affair! Thanks for sharing.

lisadmh
    Participant

@isabelm, so much fun! Thanks for sharing.

bethany_guardiani
    Participant

Quick question for this challenge – This will be the first challenge I actually submit an entry for and I’ve decided to stick to the beginner level for the year to help build up my foundation (I’m one of those people that’s guilty of jumping in far beyond where their abilities actually lie so I’m trying to correct that!). In any case, I’m a premium member and I was using the sound slice play along to practice ‘our first song’. According to the music sheet, the tempo is at a 100bpm but when I practice with just a metronome vs the sound slice, Andrew’s tempo seems to be much quicker than 100bpm. Am I missing something/doing something wrong here? I like the faster paced tempo available to practice using soundslice, but I when I record, I just plan to have the metronome playing through my headphones so I need to know if I am setting it correctly. Someone please help me here lol!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Beth, sometimes when we initially write the arrangement we notate a tempo that we intended to record it at. By the time we actually do record the performance, it might have changed. I often forget to update it with the correct tempo. My apologies!

Feel free to boost your metronome’s tempo to your desired speed 🙂

lhamilton
    Participant

Hi,

Here is my version of Santa Fe —

Linda
    I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

cashmpe
    Participant

Excellent!

bethany_guardiani
    Participant

Here is my entry for the January Challenge (first time entry!) – I chose to do the beginner piece (which I am trying to commit to for the whole year to build up my foundation). I attempted doing this as a duet though I was kicking myself when recording the second piece that I did not give myself a count on the initial recording to queue myself 😂 I wasn’t entirely sure how to end it for the second video since I would be ending on the strumming so I tried to just mimic the walk down on the C string and still end on an A chord. Still some subtle timing issues here and there, but I hope this works! Also I am a premium member.

bethany_guardiani
    Participant

Thank you, Andrew! One more question for you. I have a video uploaded and ready to go on YouTube but having trouble posting it on here for my entry. Pretty sure I must be doing something wrong though. I added the url using the link feature and then selected to add the link but when I go to submit it I either get an error message or it posts without including the link. I’m sure I’m just being a big ole dummy and doing something wrong, but is there a video or document explaining how to do the entry posts correctly?

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi Beth, looks like you encased it in an html tag. I fixed it for you 🙂

All you have to do in the future is paste the URL in its own line and it will self-embed. For ex:

YouTube URL

bibilele
    Participant

This is my first participation, I’m really excited. My Youtube video is not public but open to listen for everyone who has the hyperlink. I hope this is the right way.

effortless

Santa Fe has been incredibly fun to learn! I still have a long way to go but I wanted to make an entry before the month is up

maryjanew
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    Here is my version of “Our First Song”.
    The piece was easy and very fun. Easy enough
    For me to memorize! 😝
    I want to learn “Everlong” now, I love Foo-Fighters! Maybe a future lesson for “Times Like These…Learn to Live” is in order?? 😆

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by maryjanew.
    maryjanew
    Participant

@katazumiri
    I love what you did here! I just started learning Bass and I was thinking of doing this also. Yes, it is hard to synchronize multiple videos together! I don’t have the time!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.