Participate in the January 2022 Member Challenge: Celebrating 500 Lessons!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the January 2022 Member Challenge: Celebrating 500 Lessons!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 199 total)
  • Author
    clempek
    Participant

@Andrew I really have trouble with the rhythm for each of my songs. it may be due to the fact that I’m not yet comfortable enough with the instrument…
    Thank you for the feedback

charles605

You started my day with a smile.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@seoulkim – Bravo! Excellent job on the rhythm playing and right hand technique. Keep up the great work!

@melanieh
    – I loved it! Very creative runs and rhythmic changes. It’s so awesome to watch you guys take it and make it your own 🙂

@clempek
    – I’d offer the same advice I gave Joe, which was to jump into our reading course. It’s the best way to learn rhythm 🙂

You can also take easier songs, like this one and count the rhythms out-loud while tapping your foot along to a metronome. That’s a great way to practice too.

charles605

@melanieh
    Wat to go love it.

clempek
    Participant

@Andrew
    OK I Will work on that
    Thx 😀

melanieh
    Participant

Thanks @Andrew! I took Matt’s advice to play around with his arrangement. As soon as I started playing it in a faster tempo, it feels like I needed to add those extra notes.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by melanieh.
    melanieh
    Participant

Thanks @charles605 😊

gi_gi_
    Participant

That was amazing @melanieh. I enjoyed it so much.

melanieh
    Participant

Thanks @gi_gi_ 🥰

effortless

St James Infirmary has been challenging and incredibly fun! Another great challenge and arrangement and lesson from rc101 😆

jeg143
    Participant

@effortless very nice rendition, and nice ukulele. Is that the ascp-t? I bought one of those but it came with a cracked top. I got two replacements from the same store and they had the same problem. My suspicion is that they shipped together and were exposed to extreme conditions during that process. Loved how it sounded. Anyway, nicely done.

mikeramsey2

Premium member – this was a fun one to learn!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by mikeramsey2.
    gstriph
    Participant

Here’s my entry for January – I’m playing it low G and added or changed a thing or two (with all due respect to the arranger!)

Jerry

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by gstriph.
    ldarrow
    Participant

I am a premium member.
    Bar chords are still a struggle for me. Dream a Little Dream of Me is the perfect song to work on improving bar chords, so I chose it this month.

effortless

@jeg143 thank you! yes ascp-t!
    I bought it from the ukulele site with no problem. I’d been looking at cedar tops for a while and the kala is such a great deal I couldn’t pass it up

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 199 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.