Participate in the July 2021 Member Challenge – Theme: Summer Songs!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the July 2021 Member Challenge – Theme: Summer Songs!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    bethany_guardiani
    Participant

I finally have a recording ready for this month! I chose to do Summertime…it was just such a lovely arrangement I couldn’t resist. I tried taking my time to really get down some of those trickier bars, but I don’t think the extra time did me any good haha. They were still tough and not how I wanted to execute them (one of these days my pinky will develop strength and dexterity but today is not that day :P) In any case, I didn’t want to run out of time to get something up, so here is where I’m at for now 🙂

brettboy
    Participant

Aloha Uke Players! I took on the tubular surf rock classic Wipe Out. Here’s my video. Great lesson Thanks Andrew!

lisadmh
    Participant

Thanks @Andrew. I’ve listened to my own upbeat version of Summertime so many times I can’t seem to get into the groove of the original tempo. Can I call it artistic license? 🙂

biancak
    Participant

Thanks @Andrew
    Makes sense.
    I’m yet to win a non-soprano uke 😉 😀

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by biancak.
    katazumiri
    Participant

Hello everyone!

Here is my “Summertime” by George Gershwin

Have a nice day!

joelnal

As a beginner, I probably should have worked on Summertime Blues, but I could not resist the urge to work on Wipe Out. I’m really glad I did. My video is very far from perfect but I am proud of what I was able to accomplish. I really really enjoyed working on this and I think there is definitely progress between the video I posted for April and this video.

I am a premium member.

Surfs up!
    Joel

annemarie
    Participant

Wow Brettboy!
    That sounded great!

smokealot
    Participant

I want to second that. I just cleaned the kitchen in no time listening to that impelling Wipe Out, thanks Brettboy 🙂

rafaela
    Participant

@Andrew Thanks a lot for your feedback! This was great fun, so I will definitely be participating again!

bibilele
    Participant

Of course I had to choose Aloha ‘Oe. Felt like I owed it to my uke. 😉 The song is more challenging than I thought at the beginning. It’s not perfect yet, but I hope it’s okay. Ah, yes, and the tapping – I just didn’t get it so I found another way for the ending. Is there a magical trick to it?

somasoma321
    Participant

@Andrew thank you so much for your feedback! 😀 And thanks for the tutorial…I really liked the song.🤙🏽 💙 🔥

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by somasoma321.
    lhamilton
    Participant

Hi,

This month I tried Summertime.

I am a premium member.

Linda

turkgoose
    Participant

@andrew
    Thanks for the feedback! I took a break from ukulele and missed the last two months of challenges. It’s good to be back.

misterbones
    Participant

I love surf rock and really like the wipe out arrangement, so that was my pick this month. I had very little practice time due to vacation the last few weeks, thus the late and yet unpolished submission. But I guess surf rock is suppposed to sound a little under-rehearsed 🙂 For the same reason I didn’t bother to learn or even memorize the ending lick, so I just winged it on the spot.

karenj
    Participant

Here’s my submission of Aloha ‘Oe for the July challenge. Thanks for the great lesson! I just wish the recording was as good as it sounds in my head before I see hit that blasted record button. This still has plenty of hesitations, but it’s the best of my million takes. And I especially find it hard to get those high notes clear and in tune. That said, it was a fun song to learn.

I hope you are all doing well.

Take care,
    Karen

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.