Participate in the July 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Electric Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the July 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Electric Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 204 total)
  • Author
    lyndallk
    Participant

Here’s my version of Crazy. Thanks for a fun arrangement Ashley. I was gonna try and add a harmony but that proved way outside of my video editing skills. And a little stark in the voice pitching area. So it’s just one of me and the uke.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@qiuyan – Beautifully played!

@lyndallk
    – Bravo! I think you’ve earned a spotlight feature this week 🙂

lyndallk
    Participant

Aw, thanks Andrew!

maryjanew
    Participant

I am a premium member-
    But I don’t think we need to say that for this challenge, right?
    I have NEVER recorded this early in the month! I just don’t have time to learn the harder songs.
    I am getting ready to go on vacation to Elvis’ favorite place (or maybe 2nd fav?),nHAWAII!!!
    So I thought I’d get a jump on the easy song, Aura Lee, AKA Love Me Tender.
    I recorded at about 86 bpm while accompanying myself on my D-Ho Tiny Tenor (low G). I play the
    Melody on a Slim Body Tenor with a High G. I may revisit this and re-record a better version if I have time in-between trips this month.
    Aloha and Happy summer everyone!
    Mary Jane 🤙🏼

ukandrea
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here is my Aura Lee / Love Me Tender

Goal for this month is to try to have both kids learn it as well for triple submission.

Andrea

Andrew
    Keymaster

@maryjanew – Ohhh! That works really well as a duet. Love it, sounds great!

Have a great trip and yes, PM tag is only needed for K challenges 🙂

@ukandrea
    – Beautifully played and a nicely added harmony in your version 👏

deadbuggy
    Participant

This isn’t an official entry, it’s a cry for help!

Andrew, I can’t tell you how much I like the 50s Rock and Blues lesson. The music is fantastic, your solo is amazing, and it gave me a reason to pull out my telecaster! However…I am having a terrible time playing along with the bass backing track. For some reason, I just can’t ‘hear’ the chord changes the same way I can with your solo or with a typical rhythm guitar. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi Sara, it sounds like you are falling behind. I’m emailing you an mp3 with a click throughout. Try tapping your foot on beats 1 and 4 throughout. Also, double check the chords when backing the solo. Couple sound off. And TY for the kind words! I appreciate it 🙂

madz_about_uke
    Participant

First time joining RC101 challenge, here is my Crazy entry, I really love the beautiful and challenging chord progression. I had fun learning and playing this arrangement.
    Link to my entry:

All the best!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@madz_about_uke – Wow! That was phenomenal, bravo! 👏

mark1256
    Participant

@madz_about_uke. Loved it.

gi_gi_
    Participant

@Lindallk That was soooooo good. I showed my husband and he said, “wow she has charisma” ☺️ I loved it. Thanks.

gi_gi_
    Participant

@madz_about_uke Such a nice voice. Loved it.

malku2603
    Participant

Hiiiiii Guyssss 😁 , So excited to participate in this month’s challenge.

Aura Lee is such a soulful song, after a long busy day, it’s so calming and exciting to practice it. You know slowing down a little bit and finding your true self. Enjoying this month’s challenge.

Thanks a lot, Andrew and rock class 101 for such amazing tutorials.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@malku2603 – Beautifully played and very cool to see you do the “flick” strum technique. One tip for that technique, it sounds like the pluck of the melody note is delayed a bit behind the strum. Try to cut down on that gap by plucking immediately following the strum.

And TY for the kind words! I appreciate it 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 204 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.