Participate in the July 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Electric Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the July 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Electric Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 204 total)
  • Author
    dianna
    Participant

Congratulations PotatoLady!

lynnzo
    Participant

Congratulations Potato Lady!

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@dianna and @lynnzo, thank you kindly! Now I just have to try to match my skills to suit such a beautiful instrument. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜³πŸ˜…

lbilkie
    Participant

Congratulations, Potato Lady! Which one are you going to get?

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@lbilkie, thank you kindly!! I eventually decided to pick this one:

The Flight Centurion Gold Top Tenor Electric Uke.

Not sure if that image will work. It was the last one listed on page one of this thread. A real beaut! πŸ˜‰

annemarie
    Participant

So pretty, Potatolady! That’s the one I would have chosen also.
    Congratulations to you. Shred on!!

tessiert
    Participant

Congrats @potato_lady! Love your reaction – your excitement is very contagious πŸ˜ƒ

pysanky
    Participant

Oh @potato_lady, that’s the one I would have picked as well! Beautiful! Congratulations!

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

Okay, not sure if my replies showed up. I’ll delete any duplicates later if I posted more than one. πŸ˜…

Edit: Never mind, I got it! Much to everyone’s chagrin… πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@annemarie, thank you! I feel even more reassured in my choice now, even though I definitely was considering the other ones. Hahaha I am going to shred that thing like an extra sharp cheddar, man! Well, hopefully eventually I will. πŸ˜…

@tessiert
    , hahaha, thank you! My excitement is real. I am just still so honored and humbled and overwhelmed to have won, because there are so many talented people on this site (even though I know it’s a random draw) but also I was having an extremely hard week and also could never afford to get an instrument like that. So, TMI as usual, but it’s just pretty special. πŸ˜‚

@pysanky
    , thank you so much! It’s just a stunning instrument, I hope one day to really do it justice with my playing. 😁

So excited for the next challenge as well! There are two songs that are especially intriguing. Thank you, @Andrew, for creating this site, such inspiring compositions and detailed lessons, and the opportunities to learn and share in this community! Also, the neat ‘n’ sweet prizes!

Also, you’re the Bob Ross of ukulele.

The End… πŸ˜…πŸ˜”

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

Hello again!

So, after some ado, I was finally able to throw together this little video. Still not sure if I am at all doing any of it right, but I’m figuring it out slowly. Hopefully better videos (of me playing, not talking, ugh) to come. Thank you again!

I forgot to mention that the version of Drunken Sailor I play I think is a lesson Matt Dahlberg from the site taught, then played while on a boat. I may have imagined that. I may be delusional. Anyway, enjoy this incredibly awkward video (even though likely everyone else has moved on, lol).

Oh yeah, and I messed up playing… a lot, but it still sounded cool. Bonus! πŸ˜€

Also, correcting the video: Flight Centurion Tenor Electric Ukulele

annemarie
    Participant

Haha! Great hearing that little diddy of a song electrified!
    What is the amp that you’re playing with?

nelsonlin2021
    Participant

So cool to see your electric uke in action. Thanks for sharing it with us πŸ˜ƒ

lhamilton
    Participant

Wow, potato_lady — that uke is lovely!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Sounds awesome with distortion! Love it!

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 204 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.