Participate in the July 2023 Member Challenge: WIN Leolani Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the July 2023 Member Challenge: WIN Leolani Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    Steven
    Participant

@misterbones – Excellent performance! I enjoyed the slightly higher tempo and you nailed those octave slides in the chorus. I also liked your punchy chord strums. They created a percussive effect that sounded really cool. Keep up the great work πŸ™‚

uku_on
    Participant

I am a premium member.
    So this is a pretty rough take. I started on this early as my schedule will be changing soon and I’m not sure if I’ll have time to come back and polish this up. It was a fun song though.

rafaela
    Participant

I am a Premium Member.

I am really loving this month’s selection of songs, they are all perfect summer tunes! I am not sure, though, how much time I will have, which is why I went for “Drunken Sailor”. Back in school we used to sing that song in music class, so it brought back some fun memories! πŸ˜„ Theme 3 is really tough, especially the muted two strings in bar 10, so I had to slow down for that variation to get a decent recording of it πŸ˜…

Thanks for listening, and have a great summer! 🌞
    Rafaela

annemarie
    Participant

That sounds good, Rafaela!
    I can really hear the muted strings near the end of the song – not easy to do

Well done!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@uku_on – Excellent take Caleb! I agree, it needs just a little more polishing/practice time to smooth out. But it doesn’t sound like it would take too much work to get there. Keep up the great work!

@rafaela
    – Wow, Rafaela! Phenomenal playing! @annemarie is right, you aced the muted hits. I remember Matt spending a few weeks practicing the last theme to get those clean. It’s not easy! You did so well, bravo πŸ‘

rafaela
    Participant

Thank you so much @annemarie and @Andrew, I was very happy about both of your comments!! 😊 I spend a lot of time practicing only those muted strings, and it is still a matter of luck if they end up being clean or not haha! But I am so glad it worked out on this recording 🀭

abster
    Participant

I am a premium member

Kindly accept Abster’s entry for July

he loves playing it…it now driving me nuts! πŸ™‚

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by abster.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@abster – Amazing fingerpicking & strumming, Abhay! Way to go πŸ™‚

karenj
    Participant

Here’s my July submission of Misirlou. It’s been a fun challenge to work on that tremolo technique. And I love the sound of that gypsy scale. This is still pretty rough, but I’m too busy the rest of the month and thus am submitting now. And as you can tell, my dog is totally bored with the million takes. One of these days I want to try splicing together the rhythm and lead sections, but I wasn’t quite up for that learning curve.

Thanks again to all. I look forward to everyone’s submissions.

abster
    Participant

Thank you Andrew! He always looks forward to your encouragement..

brettboy
    Participant

[I’m a premium member]
    Hi Ukulele Friends!
    I hope you’re having a nice Summer (or Winter) thus far πŸ™‚
    I had a blast learning Matt’s Drunken Sailor arrangement this month.
    I decided to tune gBEA to get a bolder harmonic tone at the 12th fret.

abster
    Participant

@brettboy that was super!!!

ukandrea
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi,

here is my Misirlou entry:

Keep on strumming,
    Andrea

alexslph
    Participant

Hi, im Alexander, im 12 years old, this is my Under the boardwalk uke participation, hope u like it, it took me a while lo learn it πŸ™Œ

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by alexslph.
    anyon1
    Participant

Hi Everyone!

Here’s my take on Margaritaville. I chose this one since it’s a fun summer song, and I wanted to challenge myself to memorize an intermediate arrangement in the few weeks I won’t be travelling this month. I was able to learn the piece, but I need to keep at it so that I can pick up more speed and smooth over the rough parts. Thanks for the fun arrangement!

Adriana

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.