Participate in the July 2023 Member Challenge: WIN Leolani Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the July 2023 Member Challenge: WIN Leolani Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    richo_uke
    Participant

Hello everybody,

this month I went with DRUNKEN SAILOR and it was so much fun to practice. As usual my recording doesn’t come close to how I thought I would play the song. Level 2 was out of my possibilities though I tried to learn it and practiced quite a bit. So I skipped this in my performance.
    Have a great time everybody.

Greetings from Germany
    Rici

uku241
    Participant

PREMIUM MEMBER
    sorry, we’re traveling so we weren’t able to get the backing track.

johanna2509
    Participant

Hi all!

I chose Misirlou this month. I started practicing the lead part and learning the tremolo picking (the mario party analogy from Matt helped me haha). I had in mind to submit the rhythm part if I can’t learn the tremolo picking and the song in one month. Together with exams, my practice time was short, so here is the rhythm part. To show my progress on the lead, I uploaded a progress video as well. The backing track and my playing is not in sync in some parts. I find the transition from the tremolo part to the thumb picking quite difficult.

So here it is:

johanna2509
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I forgot to say

jody_hendrickson
    Participant

Hello Uke friends-

This month I chose to work on Under the Boardwalk, a perfect summer song, and I love Steve’s arrangement. It was a big stretch for me, and I need another month to get it closer to speed and with fewer stumbles and hesitations. But this is where it’s at now, slow and bumbling!

I loved watching all your entries, great work, everyone! Thank you!

Warmly,
    Jody

leb397
    Participant

@uku241 that was insane!!! Loved your reaction. So good 👏👏👏

leb397
    Participant

@johanna2509 excellent, so enjoyable to watch!

nelsonlin2021
    Participant

Enjoyed learning Matt’s arrangement of Jimmy Buffet’s Maragaritaville. Any feedback on improvement is appreciated.

leb397
    Participant

@bibilele flawless I’d say! I’m so impressed with the Misirlou entries. You all need a mandolin too 😁

annemarie
    Participant

Hey uku241, that was super sweet!

jbmills07
    Participant

I am a Premium Member
    However, I would like to bow out of the giveaway this month to give others the chance to win! Thank you to everyone who sent me congrats on winning the Kanile’a last month! I can’t wait to receive it and will for sure show it off for everyone when I get it!
    This month I went with Margaritaville for the challenge, which it was! I was really blown away by every bodies performances this month! Well done everyone!

potter
    Participant

Hi. First-time poster. Here’s my very beginner’s version of Drunken Sailor.

edit: I became a premium member this month! Thanks for the great content.

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by potter.
    morrieuke1
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I would like it to be more polished, but ran out of practice time this month-was going for that Bruce Willis vibe…haha

dianna
    Participant

Please do not include me in the drawing this month….thanks!

I can’t believe in 2 hrs it will already be August! Loved the submissions this month….some pretty awesome playing in our Uke World. I worked on Drunken Sailor. The second I heard Matt play this tune a month or so ago, I knew I wanted to learn it. I love the 3 different levels built into it. The first two came a little easier than the third….the third was a bear….. and I’m still struggling with it! Thanks RockClass101….this was a lot of fun….and even though I drove my family crazy (as usual)….they were all singing Drunken Sailor all month long!🤪. Oh, and thank-you @Bumblebard for the clawhammer tabs…..so cool!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Friendly Reminder – The deadline for receiving feedback and an entry into the giveaway is tonight at 11:59 PM EDT (check your local time zone).

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.