Participate in the June 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the June 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 152 total)
  • Author
    lbilkie
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Watch at your own risk! I know my timing is off in places and there’s A LOT of room for improvement. I really try to not choose the easiest song just for an entry, so this was a challenge for sure, and turned out to be pretty fun.

pysanky
    Participant

Loved it! I wish one of my kids could play with me.

janaq1
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Hi Everyone,

here is my attempt at La Donna è mobile. I really like the arrangement. So I’m sorry for the last beat of the intro – I don’t seem to be able to count to three. 🙂 But the rest of the song is probably the best I can get out of myself, so I recorded this take.

coffeemug
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Arghhhhh. I could use another 30 days to work on this. It’s pretty rough. That said I love this tune. Feel like I’ve listened to it on countless movie soundtracks—or maybe I’m watching the same movie over and over? Anyway I’m getting a big kick that I’m playing a Puccini aria on a uke!

alysun1
    Participant

Is it good? No. But it’s better than last month so I’ll take what I can get.

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/VozmG5TwrEa9u6WFA

annemarie
    Participant

I am a premium member

Andrew
    Keymaster

@annemarie – Hi Anne, can you upload your video to YouTube and share the link here? Our upload feature is for photos only.

dividedsky
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Here is my duet of In the Hall of the Mountain King. It was so much fun to do the duet — I found myself laughing at how many recordings it was taking to do it!

I’ve enjoyed watching everyone’s submissions!

Jane

docsiphon

Having only been at this instrument for about three months this was a daunting song. Playing that high up the fret tapped my picking skills, but I loved it! My play is all sorts of choppy and I procrastinated posting until the 11th hour in the hopes I’d sound better. Regardless, here it is! ^.^

annemarie
    Participant

Okay, this should work!

mademoiselleannette
    Participant

Hi guys!
    Here’s my June entry with Here Comes the Bride.

nelsonlin2021
    Participant

I am a premium member.

This is my 7th consecutive monthly challenge. I chose La Donna è mobile this month. This is probably one of the most difficult tunes I had learned here. Lots of first time techniques to learn for me like staccato, vibrato and harmonics, etc, which I need to revisit after this challenge. Other than more practice time needed on various techniques, I find the tapped harmonics on the last bar the most difficult. I don’t seem to be able to produce the sound Andrew demonstrated. The AH on my Uke sounds very faint. Could this be instrument dependent?

As usual, any feedback will be appreciated

Andrew
    Keymaster

Here’s everyone on page 8 that I hadn’t gotten to yet.

@pysanky
    – Your performance was phenomenal! Great feel and energy throughout. I have no critics. Keep up the great work!

@uku241
    & @dottiectrain – Bravo! Excellent duet, you guys make a great team! I loved it!

Last month I left you this feedback:

One thing I want you to take a look at is this lesson. It’s an overview on how to hold the ukulele. Read the article and watch the video at the bottom of the page. I want you to angle the neck up a little bit, because you’re currently holding it like a guitar. If you can point the neck up at a 45 degree angle, it should make playing easier 🙂

Ask your dad to help you with this. He’s got great posture and form.

@biancak
    – That was an incredible performance. What you wrote implied that you learned it in two days… and played it like that!! Even I can’t do that! Wow!

@henri0
    – Another fantastic performance with great feel throughout. Awesome work, Rhian!

mkstewart67
    Participant

I am a Premium Member.

Boy still so tough to get over the “Stage Fright” when the camera is rolling. At least I think I got most all the notes in!
    All in all Im proud of this challenging tune. Thank You So for teaching me!

sarahd
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I can’t listen to Habanera without seeing Katarina Witt skating to it at the 1988 Calgary Olympics. I was only little at the time but I recorded it on TV and watched it over and over. So I really wanted to do this one.

Unfortunately I lost a week due to sickness and am still very shaky now so I’m struggling. I’ll record a perkier and more upbeat version once I am feeling better, but right now I am out of time and need to crawl back into bed. I managed to make it to the end without coughing though so there’s that!

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 152 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.