Participate in the March 2018 Member Challenge – Random Themed!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the March 2018 Member Challenge – Random Themed!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 81 total)
  • Author

Here it is, sorry for that. Just copy and paste this URL on youtube.

If you can’t access this, just let me know, (Why does technology have to be confusing?)

kmelton
    Participant

Hello all. So originally I chose Irish Washerwoman, however things just didn’t pan out. Worked on it up to St. Patrick’s Day (trying to be festive!). While I got to the point where I could play it the whole way through, it sounded…awful. Like I was hurting a small animal. Just having a really difficult time building speed and playing it smoothly. Will need more time.

Anyway, here it is, my chopsticks entry. Things were going fine until my brain shut off towards the end… oh well! Thanks again for the fun challenge!

Awesome job, Kmelton and remember that animals were not harmed in the makings of Andrew videos.

karenj
    Participant

Here’s my recording of Chopsticks. I gave up on getting a clean recording, as I could have made another thousand takes and made a thousand different mistakes. That said, this was a fun song to learn and I find the challenge motivating. I am still working on a consistent tempo. Thanks!

hannah_lee

Hi guys! Here’s my entry for the Populele! I’m a SUPER, SUPER beginner. I just bought this instrument about two weeks ago… but I’m having so much fun with it and I can’t wait to learn more! I really love all of your videos. Keep up the great work everyone! Rock Class 101 is the best!

kmelton
    Participant

Great job Hannah Lee! Impressive! Not sure you need that Populele, that Kala sounds great.

This ain’t a great job. IT’S AN AMAZING JOB! Well done, I welcome you with open arms. Not only that but Kmelton, all of us has the same chance as the next person in winning this thing so don’t worry about winning it. Having fun counts too you know! 🙂

hannah_lee

Thank you so much for the kind words, Kmelton and Awesomestrings. You guys did an AMAZING job and I can’t wait to see what you will play next!!! I really, really loved both of your videos, and I’m truly inspired by both of you.

You’re totally right – this is really about having fun and learning. More than anything, I’m just so grateful that this kind of resource exists. Thank you again for being so supportive :’) and again, really great job playing!!

tessa84

Finally able to post something again! I didn’t practice as much as I usually do so it’s a little rough around the edges but here it is!

The Video that I did didn’t work, so I think this might work.

lisadmh
    Participant

The quality of the sound is terrible, and the quality of the playing isn’t great on a plastic uke and less focus on trying for perfection and speed.

The quality of the experience though, Oh my! This is what it’s all about.

Cayo Coco Cuba.

Now this is called a natural performance. No pun intended, love it, nice job. Has a natural feel because it’s nice playing it at a beach, inspired by this, I’m going to a beach tomorrow to feel the nature of the ukulele origins. Keep it up!

surfpimp9er

Chopsticks. What a fun song to learn and play. Thanks for the arrangement.

Jason

scar_dono
    Participant

Am I entered? 😀

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi scar_dono, it looks like the video file is too large for the site. Can you upload it to YouTube?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.